Author Topic: Two New Atlas Displays!  (Read 1593 times)

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Two New Atlas Displays!
« on: August 17, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »
Its about time!

Introducing two new color options for the AcuRite Atlas Weather Station Display—Gray and White! These non-Wi-Fi displays are available now in the Custom Weather Station Builder. Use code BUILD22 at checkout to save 15%.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
Re: Two New Atlas Displays!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2022, 01:25:16 PM »
It is nice they now have a non-wifi version again, but the layout of the display is identical to the wifi version. I am not a big fan of the wifi version's layout, because the numbers should be bigger like the original display and light intensity should be shown like the original. The only way to see light intensity is if you are connected to MyAcurite with these displays. I don't understand why they removed light intensity from the display when the Atlas can detect light intensity?

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 01:01:05 PM »
Battery backup that's nice!
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Neil_O

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 12:18:35 PM »
Aside from current temperature, humidity, and wind speed, two of the most basic questions that I have when looking at a display are not present without drilling into menus - what was the low temperature last night and what what was the high temperature today? 

This information was available on the home screen of the (highly-flawed) original Atlas display.  I burned through a couple of those displays and have the last of them running on an uninterrupted power supply to avoid a screen freeze on reboot.  Hopefully I can continue to limp along this was until AcuRite finally releases an Atlas display that returns those two pieces of information to the home screen.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 12:26:56 PM »
I purchased one of the new displays that came with a combination package (Atlas & Display) using a site wide 20% off coupon for $152 plus tax. Yes, I bought another Atlas ... my second one.

What I Like:
  • Current days rain total is always displayed. No more switching to that crappy arbitrary switching rain total.
  • Dew Point is always displayed, has its own display location. No more switching to the feels like / Wind chill crap.
  • Heat Index / Wind Chill, has its own display location.
    Heat Index calculation displays when temperature is 80˚F (27˚C) or higher. Wind chill calculation displays when temperature is 40˚F (4˚C) or lower.
  • Battery backup! No more losing your records when display loses power.
  • Crisper clearer look with a different front and less clutter on display screen.
What I don't Like:
  • Temperature does not display tenth of a degree. Miss that, but it's really not need.
  • No display of current days High/Low temperatures.
  • No SD memory card slot to record data.
  • Sleep Mode. Backlight turns off. I like the old displays method of showing time and weather data in a low light mode. Need to use auto dim, but you can't set the start/end time.
    When sleep mode is activated, the backlight automatically turns off during the time frame you choose. Weather information will continue to be received as normal even with the backlight off. When auto dim mode is activated, the backlight automatically dims the brightness based on the time of day.[/q]

What’s missing:
  • Historical charts. Never really used them.
  • Monthly records: High/low and accumulation readings by month.
  • Tenth of degree for temperature
  • High/Low Temperature for current day.
  • SD Memory Card slot.
  • Rain Rate.
  • Scrolling historical data that was on the upper right corner of display.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173