Author Topic: WeatherLink Live Barometer  (Read 1655 times)

Offline Alex D

WeatherLink Live Barometer
« on: June 06, 2019, 05:36:19 AM »
Hello all,

I've recently purchased a new Vantage Pro 2 and decided to go with WeatherLink Live to get the data out to the web. I was wondering if anyone else might be able to help me set the Barometer in WeatherLink live? I've been able to change my Barometer on the console to match my elevation, but am unable to find where to change the default, factory barometer readings on WeatherLink live. My station is broadcasting on Wunderground, Weatherlink.com and MesoWest, and I'd like to share elevation-corrected Barometric pressure readings -- or at the least share the same pressure as my console displays. Thanks for any insight.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: WeatherLink Live Barometer
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 05:42:06 AM »
The Device configuration menu for the station on weatherlink.com. Click on the Weatherlink Live device at the top, not any of the sensor transmitters.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Alex D

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 06:02:29 AM »
Thanks, John D! I was able to find the 'Edit Settings' link for WeatherLink Live as you described, thanks to your help. However, the software won't let me enter the current Barometric pressure as displayed on the console -- instead saying I need to enter a value less than or equal to 25.515. Can you help with this as well?

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 06:20:31 AM »
Thanks, John D! I was able to find the 'Edit Settings' link for WeatherLink Live as you described, thanks to your help. However, the software won't let me enter the current Barometric pressure as displayed on the console -- instead saying I need to enter a value less than or equal to 25.515. Can you help with this as well?

Hmm, at first sight that looks like a bug at wl.com (maybe it's meant to be 35.515 unless I'm misunderstanding how the correction needs to be entered???). Think you're going to need to email support@weatherlink.com.

Also I haven't checked but as an alternative you could also try doing essentially the same thing but from the Weatherlink smartphone app, ie Account icon > WLL station name  > Configure Stations > Edit WLL unit (not transmitter)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:28:04 AM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Alex D

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 06:33:29 AM »
I first Emailed support a couple of days ago, but haven't received a response (maybe they're researching it?), which led me here. Good call about the App. I'll try that next.

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2019, 06:39:36 AM »
I first Emailed support a couple of days ago, but haven't received a response (maybe they're researching it?), which led me here.

I think that Davis support is in general really busy and it's not uncommon to have a 2-3 day turnaround. Pretty sure they will reply when your email reaches the top of the list! And as you're suggesting, maybe the question has been referred on to the developers for an answer.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Alex D

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2019, 06:43:19 AM »
Sounds reasonable, johnd. Perhaps entering my elevation first before trying to change the barometer reading will allow for an elevation adjustment from sea level? We'll see!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2019, 06:44:56 AM »
Seems to me like the WLL is designed to only show Sea Level Pressure and not station pressure. The lowest ever recorded barometric pressure was 25.69 according to this Wikipedia article.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmospheric_pressure#Records

So why are you attempting to enter in something lower than 25.515?

UPDATE.. Nevermind. I read that backwards. That does seem like a bug.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:47:47 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Alex D

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2019, 06:48:01 AM »
That's what I'm thinking too galfert. I looks like it defaults to station pressure out of the box, and if your elevation deviates significantly from sea level (as in my case) it won't let you increase the default pressure by such a large margin.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2019, 07:03:54 AM »
Try this... Maybe it is tied to elevation. Your elevation is pretty high. So temporarily as a test lower your elevation. See if then you can enter in a different pressure.

What does the question mark say it expects for this field? Does it say to enter station or sea level pressure?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 07:06:40 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 07:05:57 AM »
Hmm, OK, well what value are you trying to enter? Presumably you have the same elevation set for both console and WLL? So the SLP pressure readings should be essentially the same, other than some slight difference in the intrinsic sensor calibration.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Alex D

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2019, 07:09:38 AM »
I'm attempting to enter 4534 for elevation (default was 0) and 29.90 inHg for pressure (default was 25.30 inHg if I recall correctly).

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2019, 07:21:00 AM »
I crunched some numbers and it looks to me like the WLL is expecting station pressure.
If your corrected sea level is 29.90 then you should enter in 25.443 for your station pressure.
Tele-Pole

Online johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2019, 07:22:17 AM »
I'm attempting to enter 4534 for elevation (default was 0) and 29.90 inHg for pressure (default was 25.30 inHg if I recall correctly).

OK,so if you go back to this settings page and enter 4534 for elevation and save that (without trying to edit/calibrate the pressure itself) & exit that page then how do the pressure readings compare between console & WLL?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Alex D

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2019, 08:38:51 AM »
Between the 3 of us, I think we got it! After I updated my elevation and saved it, I was able to enter the barometric pressure reading you calculated below, and now it all looks great! A suggestion for the development team could be to suggest users adjust elevation before attempting to change the Barometer, or just remove the error message altogether. Better yet, provide a calculator for adjusting pressures to elevation. Thanks everyone!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2019, 08:41:40 AM »
I think that Davis support is in general really busy and it's not uncommon to have a 2-3 day turnaround.
All great suggestions here but speculation.  I wouldn't hesitate to CALL Davis support from USA or Canada.  I've always got a live and very helpful person, even though I might have to wait on the phone several minutes if they are busy.   Email reply takes much longer as johnd noted.

Enjoy,Paul
Edit: I am slow in typing and looks like you may have it resolved.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 08:43:48 AM by PaulMy »