Author Topic: Web Cam not displaying  (Read 3139 times)

Offline grantwatson

• Weather Station
Web Cam not displaying
« on: May 19, 2021, 06:39:28 PM »
Hi All,

There appears to be a number of issues with getting cameras to work.

I have had one working since the 21st April 2021, it took a couple of days to appear on the site. its associated with my weather station.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IKIMBO9

I have added a second camera 10 days ago, which still has not started to display images. The images appeared to be being uploaded fine.

Both cameras are identical with identical settings, both HikVision DS-2DE4225IW-DE cameras.

I can manually get into the ftp site with the login details provided under the dashboard.

The second camera appears on in the site but has no images displayed.

Any thoughts? is this a website issue? the size should not be a problem as all setting are identical between cameras and one is working fine and i have tried changing the setting to low resolution to see if it might have been the problem, still no luck.

Thanks
Grant

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
Re: Web Cam not displaying
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2021, 08:45:14 PM »
Just another in a long list of unknown reasons why cameras don't show up. I'm surprised you got the first one going.

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2021, 10:51:20 AM »
here we go again.  My webcam, associated with KCOGUFFE10, has not updated on WU for about three days now.  It had been working consistently for several months, and it continues to update to tits Foscam cloud site -- so I know it's not the Cam.  My WU Profile lists the cam as Offline.  Anybody else experiencing similar issues?

Offline imaduffus

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 09:19:44 AM »
My Cam stopped to be displayed on Wunderground again. I would like to double check wether my login credentials are okay. Thanks for your support

Upload Server: webcam.wunderground.com
Username: ID of weatherstation, in my Case ImaduffusCAM5
Passwort: the generic one shown in the "My Devices"-Tab something like "vA1RuO7x"
File Name: My webcam does not allow any "file name", so I guess it will be default and okay, since it worked for some time.
Transfer type "binary". Whatever that means, I cannot change this type in my FTP upload of my cam.

Doublecheck: The password for upload of the images is NOT the one I use to login to my Wundergroudn account, correct?

Thanks alot.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 03:58:15 PM by imaduffus »

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2021, 09:36:49 AM »
Mine isn't working anymore either. It stopped 4 days ago in the middle of the night.

Offline mountainmanmike

• PWS
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2021, 01:39:59 PM »
My Wunderground webcam is not updating either. I checked when mine (KTXGATES2) stopped working and it was between the 9th and the 10th, same as KCOGUFFE10. Something happened on their end I guess. I did notice that some are still working, for instance https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/webcam/WU_1799572/5. Not sure why that would be, maybe the ones that are using FTP upload like mine does quit working and the ones that are using the http pull are still working???

Mike

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2021, 01:48:24 PM »
My Wunderground webcam is not updating either. I checked when mine (KTXGATES2) stopped working and it was between the 9th and the 10th, same as KCOGUFFE10. Something happened on their end I guess. I did notice that some are still working, for instance https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/webcam/WU_1799572/5. Not sure why that would be, maybe the ones that are using FTP upload like mine does quit working and the ones that are using the http pull are still working???

Mike

FYI, I’m using the FTP upload also.    - Dave G.

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2021, 04:04:17 PM »
I tried both methods many times lately. Neither works.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 09:07:09 PM »
I had one up and running for a few years using Blue Iris to FTP the images.  I stopped uploading in disgust, but now I have a couple of "spare" cheap, POS, cameras nd I was going to kludge a mount for them using the roof vent fan for the base.  Given what I see here, it isn't worth the effort.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline mountainmanmike

• PWS
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2021, 08:01:35 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean "stopped uploading in disgust".

The camera I use is just a cheap Chinese indoor camera that uploads via ftp and is mounted up under an eave of my shop building. Its been working well for a year or so.

I remember reading that IBM was going to remove the webcam part of the PWS pages when they took over but they later decided to keep it when people complained. Hopefully whatever is the problem right not with their systems doesn't lead to that kind of thinking again.

When/if they get the webcam uploads fixed, I hope that someone here will post here about it so I can see if mine is working. While I was troubleshooting my camera, before I realized that others cameras wasn't working either, I may have got my setting messed up.   

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2021, 08:37:58 AM »
When I say "disgust" maybe disdain would be a better term.  Seeing what has been done to WU by The Weather Channel and, now, IBM it's a bare shell of what it once was.  The only feature that's really worthwhile to me is the forecast section.  The rest is too unreliable to be useful.
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2021, 10:57:13 PM »
I have it where I set a URL for WU to retrieve the camera image from
that works for me

Offline Eno

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2021, 03:55:19 PM »
Mine was working pretty good for years, but I haven't seen it for months now. KIDBOISE93    :x

Offline PCM

• Newark Novice.......
  • Very New to this,
    • Highfield Weather
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2021, 09:04:13 AM »
Wunderground does enjoy something of a mixed reputation. Its pedigree is still on the decline. My Webcam display https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/INEWAR40 stopped working about a week ago, although historic data remains available.

I did a test as per screenshot........which suggests its Wunderground issues..........

If any contributors can recommend a simple easy alternative to Wunderground for webcams I would be grateful..............

Cordially
Paul 
https://pcmwx.com/
Ecowitt WS80 & Ecowitt WH40
Ecowitt GW1100A
CumulusMX & Utils
WU:INEWAR40

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
  • http://www.madrussianweather.com/#
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »
We all know it's WU and I am just about to ready to give up on them. To me it's like a slap in the face after we have been sending data to them for years, but those of us who have been doing it for years can remember the good old days that are long gone. It would be great if all of us who send them data just STOPPED sending it and see if we get any reaction out of them.

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2021, 01:55:18 PM »
We all know it's WU and I am just about to ready to give up on them. To me it's like a slap in the face after we have been sending data to them for years, but those of us who have been doing it for years can remember the good old days that are long gone. It would be great if all of us who send them data just STOPPED sending it and see if we get any reaction out of them.

Ahhhh yes, the “good old days”.  You reminded me of them.  I started sending data to WU in 2004, and back then if you had a technical issue you just sent an email and (people nowadays won’t believe this, but it’s true) you actually got a detailed, relevant, thorough response, usually the same day.  Yep, yep, those were the days alright.

Offline rsrkaslo

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2021, 12:16:07 AM »
My webcam was working well before this latest issue.  I can tell with the webcam app I'm running that around 80% of my images are successfully transferring onto their server.  I even tried reducing the file size in case they had changed their requirements (first below 128K and then below 100K), but the images are still not appearing and Weather Underground claims my camera is offline.

I've started looking into finding pieces to grow my own solution.  Since I have an Arduino receiving data from my AcuRite sensors, and an Android phone running my own app for my webcam, I have lots of flexibility. I figure I need a Linux server (Raspberry Pi or my Synology NAS) to run ffmpeg to make movies from the interval images, and one of the free hosting services to display my current image and movies, as well as weather data.  Unfortunately I'm very slow at coding things , so it will take me awhile.

Maybe once the NHL playoffs end I will have more time to work on this ...

Offline imaduffus

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2021, 12:23:34 PM »
I wonder if anyone got their cam running again... I have found several weathercam updated recently in my region in Germany. Of course I cannot see how they are getting their images in wunderground... my FTP upload says sometimes "upload successful" sometimes failed... when I push the "test button". The Cam is shown offline in Wunderground in the device tab so I guess its still not working... *sighs*

Any news on your uploads? Thanks alot

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2021, 12:26:12 PM »
Nothing here I think they are gone forever this time.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 01:40:12 PM by jpk1018 »

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2021, 01:32:54 PM »
Mine isn't working still.

Offline MRE

• MRE Software & FairhopeWeather.com
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2021, 09:56:29 AM »
Add me to the list.  I uploaded images for years.  My camera quit showing up on WU a couple of weeks ago.  In an attempt to fix it I deleted it and set up a new camera device.  Uploads are working and I have tried them with both Blue Iris and Weather Display.  Sent WU an email and got canned response twice:
Unfortunately, we have only very limited support for webcams.

Things to check (any or all can become corrupted):
-- The upload key (not your account password) for the cam is in place, matching the one on My Devices exactly.
-- Upload type is set to Binary.
-- Access is via webcam.wunderground.com not any IP addresses.
-- Schedule for uploads is what you want, ideally set for no less than once per minute, and probably better at once every 5-15 minutes.

Be sure that all firmware is up to date. We occasionally update our web protocols to eliminate older, out of date requests, and systems that have not been kept up to date may no longer work.

After that, I would suggest giving everything a reboot, to make sure all the information is pushed through. 

Thank you for being part of the Weather Underground community!

--Victoria
=====================================

Personally I have about had it with WU.  They seem to have long since abandoned the people who supply them with data.  Their own site doesn't work well and their support is non existent.

Offline jpk1018

• Senior Contributor
    • Mad Russian
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:52 AM »
To put it as nice as possible they don't give a SH*t about web cam pictures and again maybe we all need to stop sending them our data and see if we get a response.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2021, 01:31:47 PM »
Personally I have about had it with WU.  They seem to have long since abandoned the people who supply them with data.  Their own site doesn't work well and their support is non existent.

Go look at the "front page".  Every story is a link to weather.com.  They aren't long for this world.

Offline MNicastro

• WeatherMike
    • WeatherMike
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2021, 12:28:22 PM »
Again, issues with WU webcams.  I have 2 webcams and one went offline a couple weeks ago, then yesterday the other one.  I have tried to contact WU support numerous times and no one responds.  They are pretty much worthless since IBM took over. The site and app have been unstable and loaded with adds. Has anyone actually had support answer their requests??
Mike Nicastro / K7FLA
https://www.weathermike.com)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station ( KCABEAUM158 )
Ecowitt WS90 7-in-1 Weather Sensor ( KCABEAUM159 )

Online bchwdlks

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2021, 07:27:15 PM »
Again, issues with WU webcams.  I have 2 webcams and one went offline a couple weeks ago, then yesterday the other one.  I have tried to contact WU support numerous times and no one responds.  They are pretty much worthless since IBM took over. The site and app have been unstable and loaded with adds. Has anyone actually had support answer their requests??

If you use the form on the website to report the problem,  you will get the form letter from Victoria that is quoted in MRE's July 21 message. You will not get any help.

anything