Author Topic: Weatherlink IP not working  (Read 4235 times)

Offline nickg

• Ravenspoint Weather
Re: Weatherlink IP not working
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2020, 04:06:23 AM »
Thanks John - have tried assigning it a fixed IP or using ‘Bind IP to Mac’ on my router so it never needs to refresh it’s IP address.  Same issue persists - it is as though it ‘crashes’ if that is possible.  Hadn’t thought of Nano but will take a look - my idea was to bypass the console so I can remotely reboot the system if needed (cannot do that with the console because of the battery backup, or needing to configure after power outage).  Am I right in thinking the console provides barometric pressure data - and calculations such as wind chill?  If so do I lose these if I opt for the Meteobridge Red Pro approach?

I have a website used by the local sailing club with tide data etc so have no wish to pay Davis for a Weatherlink subscription. 

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2020, 05:26:47 AM »
Hmm, WLIP loggers are usually pretty reliable. If there is any issue with needing a reboot it's usually something like

* Some interaction with the router causing a non-sticky IP address;
* A logger that's not tightly held in its socket;
* Running firmware that's not up-to-date;

Of course, it's impossible to rule the possibility of a failing logger, but that genuinely is pretty rare. It almost sounds like you need a remote reboot facility using something like https://www.openxtra.co.uk/aviosys-ip-power-9255-with-single-uk-socket-ip9255uk.html (NB I've not used this at all so it's just an idea rather than a recommendation.) If you're running up-to-date VP2 console firmware then the console should automatically exit set-up mode after something like 10-15 minutes - can't recall the precise time.

Any logger that fits into the console like Nano or WFL is going to face potentially the same reboot issue, though as above that is potentially solvable.

Weatherlink Live could potentially pass data to a local Raspberry Pi running (free) software like CumulusMX if you still wanted graph generation.

MB Pro Red is also a good solution and does contain its own pressure sensor.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2020, 07:01:03 AM »
My WLIP is working, I did the firmware upgrade required, but my historical data is not available on Weatherlink APP and I can't make web download since this episode...strange.
----
Frederico Wessel
My weather site: www.tempoemteutonia.com.br
Brazilian PWSs: www.estacoesdobrasil.com.br

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 07:18:29 AM »
My WLIP is working, I did the firmware upgrade required, but my historical data is not available on Weatherlink APP and I can't make web download since this episode...strange.

Well, maybe your WLIP is only working for current data and not archive data - that's what it sounds like? But this is probably just a solvable problem that might just need a reboot of the WLIP console, or checking console date, ie the usual checks.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline fredericowessel

• Tempo em Teutônia
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2020, 08:04:49 AM »

Well, maybe your WLIP is only working for current data and not archive data - that's what it sounds like? But this is probably just a solvable problem that might just need a reboot of the WLIP console, or checking console date, ie the usual checks.

Yes, just current data. Console data is right, I gonna try reboot. Should I disconnect WLIP, all that process?
----
Frederico Wessel
My weather site: www.tempoemteutonia.com.br
Brazilian PWSs: www.estacoesdobrasil.com.br

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2020, 08:11:32 AM »
What remove the logger from the console? Personally I wouldn't bother, at least not in the first instance. Just fully (ie no batteries) power down the console, leave off for a minute or two and then repower. Remember that archive data is only uploaded once per hour, so leave it at least an hour before checking the archive data again.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline weatheroz

• Senior Contributor
    • http://www.jimboombaweather.com
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2020, 07:24:12 PM »
Now the WLIP is discontinued what are the alternatives for uploading weather data to my own server?

There's no obvious reason why your WLIP should be regularly misbehaving unless it's an interaction with your router's DHCP service, eg too short an IP lease? (Or is the WLIP actually a bit loose in its socket?)

Yes, MB Pro Red is one good option, or eg Nano or Nano SD, though WiFi Logger would be a drop-in replacement for the WLIP.

Sadly there seem to be more and more WLIP that are failing for reasons unknown.

I took 3 months back and forth with Davis about mine, and they really didn't have a clue as to why it was failing.

Got the WiFi logger, and it's been working fine for me since then.
Brendan,
vk4blp
IRLP 6857 Echolink 672767