Author Topic: Access not finding Atlas  (Read 1421 times)

Offline lwman

Access not finding Atlas
« on: October 01, 2019, 09:29:39 PM »
My Acurite/Weather Underground went offline yesterday. The internal troubleshooting page shows that the Atlas sensor is transmitting a signal with normal battery strength and signal strength of 4. My display is updating and receiving a current signal. I have reset and restarted the Access. I then removed the sensor and now the Access can not find it. I noticed that the UV is stuck on 2 on the display. My question, is the problem with the Atlas or the Access. The my acurite splash page continues to show a signal but nothing is working on the my acurite dashboard. The dashboard now indicates that you must complete the setup process. I pulled the batteries that tested at 1.57 and replaced them with the Atlas near the Access, but still no luck.  Any other ideas or another warranty issue.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Access not finding Atlas
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 07:07:54 AM »
My Acurite/Weather Underground went offline yesterday. The internal troubleshooting page shows that the Atlas sensor is transmitting a signal with normal battery strength and signal strength of 4. My display is updating and receiving a current signal. I have reset and restarted the Access. I then removed the sensor and now the Access can not find it. I noticed that the UV is stuck on 2 on the display. My question, is the problem with the Atlas or the Access. The my acurite splash page continues to show a signal but nothing is working on the my acurite dashboard. The dashboard now indicates that you must complete the setup process. I pulled the batteries that tested at 1.57 and replaced them with the Atlas near the Access, but still no luck.  Any other ideas or another warranty issue.

If myAcurite is asking you to complete the setup process, you may have reset too much on that end.

What exactly is it asking you to complete?

Offline lwman

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 07:35:48 AM »
It indicates NO DEVICES ADDED. My Atlas is not listed as an available sensor to add. I've tried rebooting and resetting my Access several times and pulled the batteries in the Atlas. The Atlas is flashing. I assume that the Atlas is not transmitting a signal correctly.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 07:40:25 AM »
It indicates NO DEVICES ADDED. My Atlas is not listed as an available sensor to add. I've tried rebooting and resetting my Access several times and pulled the batteries in the Atlas. The Atlas is flashing. I assume that the Atlas is not transmitting a signal correctly.

What color and speed is the flashing? (see chart below)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 07:42:03 AM »
The Atlas itself should be flashing a signal every 10 seconds.

You should be able to see data on the display assuming it is set to the right channel.

Offline lwman

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 07:46:43 AM »
The Access light is solid blue. My display is receiving updates, but the Atlas is not listed as an available sensor. Why does this show two sensors?  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 07:53:18 AM »
I'm not sure why you should be seeing two.  A neighbor?

In any case, the Access looks fine.  It should be transmitting a sensor list to myAcurite every 5 minutes. 

If the available sensors don't show soon, then you should contact Acurite.

Offline lwman

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 08:20:52 AM »
I have no neighbors. It looks like this will be a warranty issue.

Offline Jibster

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 10:48:32 AM »
Here are the instructions I received from AcuRite when I reported that my Atlas was repeatedly loosing connection with Access randomly for 5 minutes to an hour or so. I also have a 5N1 which never lost connection during this same periods. The below did not fix my issue, and I was sent a replacement sensor.

From AcuRite support:

Thank you for choosing AcuRite. I have reviewed your ticket and found that the following article information may be helpful. Please follow the suggestions and let me know if you are in need of any further assistance.

*Bring sensor(s) within 4 ft of Access and let pair for 10 minutes minimum. This is to pair the Access and sensors together properly.

*Make sure the Access has a 3-foot clearance around it from other electronics, appliances, and windows. ***This is also for your display unit if you are using one.

*The sweet spot to get signal from the sensors to your Access. If you are looking at the Access the blue light as the 6 o'clock position and the Ethernet port as the 12 o'clock position (LEFT side of unit/blue light). If you have the left side that between 6 and 12 facing the sensor, this is considered the sweet spot to get the best signal strength between the Access and the sensor.

If the above tips do not correct your connection issue, please provide the following information.

Thank you for going through the previous troubleshooting. At this point, we would like to request a copy of the splash page for the Access. The instructions on how to retrieve the splash page are below. Once you have it, can you please reply to this email with a screenshot of the splash page?

1. Open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari, etc.).
2. Enter your router address in the URL bar. The default address for many routers is 192.168.1.1 --once you have entered this, press Enter on your keyboard. (If this is not your default address, consult your router's manual for the correct address.)
3. Most routers are different. Look for something similar to "DHCP List" or "Client List". These lists should contain the Device ID addresses and assigned IP addresses to any devices connected to your router.
4. Locate the Device ID address that matches your Access's Device ID address exactly. This address will always start with 24:C8:6E
5. Next, to the Access's Device ID address, you should see the assigned IP address. Write this IP address down.
6. In your web browser's URL bar, now enter the IP address assigned to your Access, then press Enter on your keyboard. This will bring you to the splash page for the Access.

Please also provide the below information.

1.) Reply to this email with your full name, shipping address, and phone number. (For locations in Canada, please provide a physical location.)

2.) If not previously registered, provide a copy of the proof of purchase dated within the last year by attaching to this email.

3.) Locate a small white sticker on the battery door and provide the 4 digits on it.

Thank you,

AcuRite Customer Support
ECOWITT GW1000 | WH32 | WS68 | WH40 | WH57
KNCRALEI888

Offline lwman

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2019, 06:13:04 AM »
I received a replacement sensor yesterday and it connected shortly after batteries were installed. This Atlas sensor is only displayed once on the splash page. It seems the signal was corrupt from the faulty sensor, possibly due to duplicate signals.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2019, 08:38:33 AM »
Strange.

anything