Author Topic: Davis Weather Monito2 Weatherlink  (Read 634 times)

Offline brookr

Davis Weather Monito2 Weatherlink
« on: April 16, 2021, 04:12:15 AM »
Hi everyone
I have been well pleased with my Davis Monitor 2 that I bought in 1998, together with the accompanying Weatherlink.  Everything was working fine until a couple of weeks ago when the little r10 connector that connects the Weatherlink hardware to the console broke. I tried to fix, but now my Weatherlink has died.  As a consequence I am looking for a soldering repair or a replacement Weatherlink. Does anyone have a 1998 spare Weatherlink? or where I could get one.
Thank you
 #-o #-o

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Davis Weather Monito2 Weatherlink
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 05:45:38 AM »
What "R10" connector are you referring? Can you explain further or better still have a photo?

You probably mean the R11 connector on the tail of the WeatherlInk that plugs to the Weather Monitor II? An image would be real helpfull

Offline brookr

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 10:46:29 AM »
Thanks Mark
The connector is smaller than the usual and connects  Weatherlink to the back of the console.
See attached.
Rob #-o

Offline davidmc36

• He who dies with the most toys wins!
  • Forecaster
  • FN25ie61jw
    • MorewoodW34
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 03:00:10 PM »
Is it the part on the wire or the receptacle?

The RJ9/10/22 type connectors are cheap and can come with crimpers on Amazon or Ebay.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 07:20:30 PM »
If its just the 4P4C modular plug on the very short tail (~ 3") then you should be able to replace that? Cable is short but there should be enough cable if you cut off right up hard against the plug? Otherwise you may be able to crush the connector with side cutters and break it out/off?

The modular plugs are easily obtainable, just require a crimping tool to install. As mentioned the plug is a 4P4C