Author Topic: Incorrect Station Details  (Read 588 times)

Offline Whitbyweather

• Whitby Weather
Incorrect Station Details
« on: November 18, 2019, 01:24:11 PM »
After 12 years my Vantage Pro station was beyond repair and I have replaced it with a Vantage Vue model linked to WeatherLink Live. It works very well and the WeatherLink forwards my data to Wunderground.
I amended my station details to reflect the new hardware and saved the settings on WU, but the new information has not shown up on my PWS page, INORTHYO14, which still shows Vantage Pro. I emailed Wunderground who told me that the details were showing correctly on their machines.
i cleared all cookies and caches without success and my sons tried on their machines 200 miles away, and we all got the old data. I emailed Wunderground several more times and was finally told that it was still ok at their end but they would refer the problem tp their programmers. I have heard no more. I know it is trivia, but I would like it to be right, has anyone else had the same problem?  :???:
Many thanks,
Chris
Whitbyweather.com

PS I also lost my gold star, although it shows against my devices! That will teach me to complain! :-)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 01:36:11 PM by Whitbyweather »

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Incorrect Station Details
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2019, 02:22:49 PM »
It looks good in my browser and with a gold star.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Whitbyweather

• Whitby Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2019, 03:50:24 PM »
Thank you so much for sending the screen shot, obviously it is fine in the USA but different in the UK! My sons accessed WU direct and then searched for my page, and both got the old screen. That really beats me and my eldest son too and he is a high level software engineer! Don't know what could cause that.
I have attached a screen shot from my end.
Thanks again,
Chris

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2019, 05:38:41 PM »
It's likely an issue at WU. There's probably not much you can do about it except to be patient and hope they get around to fixing it.

Offline awsum140

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2019, 06:30:59 PM »
I don't call these things bugs.  They're "undocumented (or is that demented) features of the "new WU".
If it's not a Boerboel it's just a dog.

anything