Author Topic: AcuRite 09155M Discontinued  (Read 2938 times)

Offline MNicastro

• WeatherMike
    • WeatherMike
AcuRite 09155M Discontinued
« on: March 21, 2023, 07:20:44 PM »
AcuRite has done it again, the AcuRite Access 09155M is now obsolete just like the previous version of the Hub. :mad:
This is the message from AcuRite Technical Support "Due to a critical internal component being discontinued by our supplier, AcuRite Access will no longer be available. Support for existing Access previously purchased will continue. In the future, we will provide a new solution with similar functionality to the Access that allows for multiple sensor connections for display on My AcuRite. While we do not have a timeline for the launch of the new product, we encourage you to monitor the AcuRite website for the latest updates. While you are there, you can also sign up for our Newsletter to be notified of upcoming product releases and special offers. Currently, we offer several Wi-Fi-connected displays that send your Iris or Atlas Weather Station data to My AcuRite for remote monitoring. If you have further questions, please reach out to our support team via live chat or email request on the AcuRite Support website. Have a marvelous day! Haylee AcuRite Support Team"
So, does this mean that the Access will eventually stop working like the previous Hub and we have to spend hundreds of dollars on a new Access/Hub? Pretty aggravated.
Mike Nicastro / K7FLA
https://www.weathermike.com)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station ( KCABEAUM158 )
Ecowitt WS90 7-in-1 Weather Sensor ( KCABEAUM159 )

Offline Jim Ace

• Hewlett Point Beach
Re: AcuRite 09155M Discontinued
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 08:08:38 AM »
I moved away from Acurite years ago, I had nothing but problems with their products.
KNYEASTR4
Ecowitt WS65
AWEKAS 14894
PWS
WeatherCloud
Windy
Weewx
CumulusMX
CWOP FW3861

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 09:29:22 AM »
I got the same message back in December when I contacted them about the Access not reporting to Weather Underground. Funny, the Access can still send everything to MyAcurite.com but not WU. What a bunch of BS.

Hello,
If the Weather Underground issue persists, the AcuRite Access would need to be replaced. 

Due to a critical internal component being discontinued by our supplier, AcuRite Access will no longer be available. In the future, we will provide a new solution with similar functionality to the Access that allows for multiple sensor connections for display on My AcuRite. While we do not have a timeline for the launch of the new product, we encourage you to monitor AcuRite.com for the latest updates. While you are there, you can also sign up for our Newsletter to be notified of upcoming product releases and special offers. Currently, we offer a Wi-Fi-connected display that can send your Atlas Weather Station data to My AcuRite for remote monitoring.

https://www.acurite.com/direct-to-wi-fi-display-made-for-acurite-atlas.html

Thank you,
Selene
 AcuRite Customer Support
www.AcuRite.com

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline wags1

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 09:49:24 AM »
So glad I kept my old Access. After struggling thru months of intermittent issues with the Atlas wifi display not consistently sending my weather data to MyAcuRite/WU, during which time AcuRite shipped me 3 new Atlas wifi displays as well as a complete new Atlas sensor none of which solved the problem (which IMO is a design flaw in the Atlas wifi display), I finally gave up and pulled out and re-installed my trusty old Access and have not had a single problem since. And those Atlas wifi displays work perfectly fine as long as I don't set them up to send weather data to MyAcuRite/WU.

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2023, 05:20:23 PM »
Yeah, my Access is ROCK SOLID and I've had absolutely no problems sending to My Acurite and WU in all the years I've owned it.  I just pray that it doesn't die. 

Offline MacGarage

• SW Ohio
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2023, 11:39:58 AM »
Has there been any replacements announced for the Access?
Ecowitt WH2320E
AcuRite Atlas

Offline AlanD96

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2023, 11:42:19 AM »
Not as yet, Mac.   I've wondered about that myself. 

Offline radioman61

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2023, 10:55:59 AM »
This is a problem across the electronics industry.  With our reliance on offshore suppliers for chips and precision circuit assembly, it's only going to get worse.

Offline MNicastro

• WeatherMike
    • WeatherMike
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
Yeah, I moved from Central Florida to Southern California in September and sold and threw out all my AcuRite equipment.  I now have Ambient Weather WS-2000 and Ecowitt WS-90 that have been working perfectly.  I don't think I'll ever go back to AcuRite again.
Mike Nicastro / K7FLA
https://www.weathermike.com)
-------------------------------------------------------
Ambient Weather WS-2000 Smart Weather Station ( KCABEAUM158 )
Ecowitt WS90 7-in-1 Weather Sensor ( KCABEAUM159 )

anything