Weather Software > WeeWX Software

(Resolved) Why cant weewx calcualte the difference between inTemp and outTemp?

(1/2) > >>

BaseLine:
I use C so and all the plots are in C.
For some reason, calcualting the difference between inTemp and outTemp, gives an incorrect result.

--- Code: ---          [[[daydiff]]]
             [[[[diff]]]]

data_type = inTemp - outTemp
                 label = Inside - Outside

--- End code ---
Inside temperature: +22 C
Outside temperature: -7 C

Graph plots 47?

BaseLine:
Added another censor readouts for finding the diff and it's also off.

The difference between -1.9C and +3.4C is 12.

](*,)

zoomx:
I wander if weewx record temperature in F instead of C and the conversion is done during display.

So the difference is calculated in F

SnowHiker:

--- Quote from: zoomx on March 04, 2023, 11:13:06 AM ---I wander if weewx record temperature in F instead of C and the conversion is done during display.

So the difference is calculated in F

--- End quote ---

Not likely.  The difference between -1.9C and 3.4C is 9.54F, not 12. And from his first post the difference isn't even consistent, not 9/5 off as you would expect if it was calculating in F.

Vince has shown that WeeWX can calculate the difference between in and out Temp, so I suspect that there is some kind of user error, a typo in a config file or somewhere, or some other adjustment he's made somewhere.  You can't tell anything from the example he's provided, he should show the inTemp, outTemp, and the difference on the same chart to show what he's seeing.

SnowHiker:

--- Quote from: zoomx on March 04, 2023, 11:13:06 AM ---I wander if weewx record temperature in F instead of C and the conversion is done during display.

--- End quote ---

Also whether the temperature is stored in F or C could easily be determined by looking at the database.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version