Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

Weatherlink API v1 server error #12

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bashy:

--- Quote from: wvdkuil on October 05, 2021, 06:07:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bashy on October 05, 2021, 05:52:45 AM ---
Hi again, i add the to keys to your page and it finds the station, but when i add the ID at the bottom of that page to check it, I get a 404 error

--- Code: ---Returncode =404
{"code":"404","message":"Unable to find weather station settings"}
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

I have no idea what you refer to with "add the ID"

--- End quote ---

This here on the page you created :)

wvdkuil:

--- Quote from: Bashy on October 05, 2021, 06:12:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: wvdkuil on October 05, 2021, 06:07:39 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bashy on October 05, 2021, 05:52:45 AM ---
Hi again, i add the to keys to your page and it finds the station, but when i add the ID at the bottom of that page to check it, I get a 404 error

--- Code: ---Returncode =404
{"code":"404","message":"Unable to find weather station settings"}
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

I have no idea what you refer to with "add the ID"

--- End quote ---

This here on the page you created :)

--- End quote ---

That is the station ID of the sensor, not the gateway-id you used.
Use copy paste. If that sensor is not operational, or a typo, it will not return data.

--- Code: --- [station_id] => 78538
--- End code ---

The links to the data are also displayed (in small print) , you can use them as a starting point to write your own code.

I tested a few minutes ago and with valid keys and station-id, the current data for that station/sensor is returned.

Succes,
wim

johnd:

--- Quote from: Bashy on October 05, 2021, 05:32:57 AM ---Hi John, like i just said to Wim,  i just read this morning that the v1 is realtime where as v2 is to the minute? and works with WLL (i think) hence looking at V1, i will have to try to find the reply to the post on here again, may take a while mind...

--- End quote ---

I really wouldn't get too distracted by what is real-time and what isn't. (To me, real-time is something like Davis LOOP data with new data every 2-3 seconds so that genuine wind gust data is available for example. But meaning can also vary with context.) Time resolution of the data is not a major difference between v1 and v2.

The wl.com v1 and v2 API's are totally distinct. v2 works for all type of upload devices to wl.com, new and old. v1 works only for legacy devices (WLIP and devices that emulate that like WFL, MPE, MB etc, Vantage Connect and uploads from Weatherlink for Windows.) But there are other major differences in the data returned by the two API's, eg much of the High/Low content of v1 is missing in v2 but additional stuff like the Health data is there.

Bashy:
Hi Wim, i used copy and paste, double and triple checked, i can pm you my keys and ID if you like, to test it, but it deffo doesn't work for me :(

Bashy:

--- Quote from: johnd on October 05, 2021, 06:23:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bashy on October 05, 2021, 05:32:57 AM ---Hi John, like i just said to Wim,  i just read this morning that the v1 is realtime where as v2 is to the minute? and works with WLL (i think) hence looking at V1, i will have to try to find the reply to the post on here again, may take a while mind...

--- End quote ---

I really wouldn't get too distracted by what is real-time and what isn't. (To me, real-time is something like Davis LOOP data with new data every 2-3 seconds so that genuine wind gust data is available for example. But meaning can also vary with context.) Time resolution of the data is not a major difference between v1 and v2.

The wl.com v1 and v2 API's are totally distinct. v2 works for all type of upload devices to wl.com, new and old. v1 works only for legacy devices (WLIP and devices that emulate that like WFL, MPE, MB etc, Vantage Connect and uploads from Weatherlink for Windows.) But there are other major differences in the data returned by the two API's, eg much of the High/Low content of v1 is missing in v2 but additional stuff like the Health data is there.

--- End quote ---

Thanks John, its deffo the fast wind updating that suits me just fine :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version