Weather Station Hardware > Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones

Warning: Not all Ambient Weather Stations are made by Fine Offset

<< < (3/5) > >>

gszlag:
Ecowitt has been offered here in Canada through amazon.ca for some time now. Don't see why they are not in the UK.

Ambient products seem to come and go on amazon.ca but tend to have that crazy nonsensical amazon pricing from time-to-time. But the Ambient 2902a is currently there. Oddly, I am seeing a new brand called EP-Home that seems to be FineOffset equipment but there are a couple of strange looking stations I don't recognize.

Ecowitt pricing is really good right now at amazon.ca. Don't know if amazon.ca will deliver internationally  but keep in mind that you might lose your warranty fi it is considered "grey market" Best to check in advance.

I bought my inadvertent grey market Ambient WS-2000 through amazon.com even though it was available on amazon.ca. Despite import fees/international shipping/currency exchange it was far cheaper. According to posts on this forum galfert? Ambient is I guess - the American brand of FineOffset equipment and EcoWitt could be considered to the international brand of FineOffset.Hard to say if the new CEO of Ambient might be changing marketing strategies or not but there is clearly a huge demand for Ambient product internationally. If they don't want to or can' t deliver product internationally I suspect that gap will be filled by EcoWitt and other branded FineOffset equipment.

Too many brands of essentially the same piece of hardware will result in some confusion in the marketplace but it should all eventually shake out at some point.

Keep after ecowitt. If it is available in Canada should be available in the UK.

Nice problem to have.. people chomping at the bit to buy your products but you can't or won't deliver the goods. I would hate to have to explain that to my CEO!

--
--

--- Quote from: Mandrake on March 24, 2020, 04:09:23 AM ---I suspect the UK is a oddity through history.
Previously most folks would have purchased a weather station in the UK through Maplin (previously Radio Shack) as they were actively marketed and on the high street. When that went out of business it left a bit of a void.

Misol and Froggit have sold items through Amazon UK as marketplace traders in a small scale ever since but I don't think they have made much effort.
You really have to try hard to find suppliers of Fine Offset equipment and often these are only available in small bursts now hence the low ratings.

I am not sure that this is going to get any easier now that the UK is leaving the EU.
I have suggested to Ecowitt that they should look to direct sell through Amazon UK however I am not sure what numbers they would need to shift to make that viable. However given the lack of competition and scale (must be comparable in market to Canada or even bigger) I would of thought there was a good market case. I know that they are considering it but who knows!

--- End quote ---

CW2274:

--- Quote from: ambientweather on March 24, 2020, 07:02:08 PM ---Confuse people? What could be more confusing than this?

--- End quote ---
I posted some time last year that all of this "nonconformity" would keep someone like myself well away from this PWS manufacture, however many half-dozen there are. I was promptly told basically "well Davis does it too." I frankly don't see it that way, and since the potential buyers are the ones with the wallet...
Just sayin'...

wxthomson:

--- Quote from: ambientweather on March 24, 2020, 07:02:08 PM ---I asked the administrator if Ambient Weather could get it's own category on the website and was told that it would confuse people.

Confuse people? What could be more confusing than this?

After 22 years, I am a little surprised we haven't earned it.

--- End quote ---

Isn't there already an Ambient Weather section under "Weather Station Hardware"?

wxthomson:

--- Quote from: ambientweather on March 24, 2020, 07:38:52 PM ---No, the category is "Ambient Weather / Ecowitt stations and Fine Offset clones", which is only about 10% true. Fine Offset accounts for about 10% of our overall business.

--- End quote ---

Then what weather stations does Ambient manufacture?

Waimarie:

--- Quote from: gszlag on March 24, 2020, 09:35:39 AM ---Ecowitt pricing is really good right now at amazon.ca. Don't know if amazon.ca will deliver internationally  but keep in mind that you might lose your warranty fi it is considered "grey market" Best to check in advance.
--- End quote ---

I tried to purchase from Amazon CA from New Zealand but they won't ship to me, same as Amazon Australia.  Only Amazon.com will ship but they don't supply 433MHz.  However Misol are good through AliExpress for some full stations or Ecowitt for sensors

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version