Weather Station Hardware > Rainwise Weather Stations

My WS-2000 finally died - after 23 years

(1/4) > >>

Swede:
I put my Rainwise WS-2000 into service in June of 2000.  This week it finally died.  It's been a reliable unit, used with a data logger and Weather View 32 v. 7 software for the computer.  Looking to buy a MKIII-LR station, but everything has changed.  No computer logger but an IP-100 device that uploads to Rainwise.  I really want to use the WV32 software because the reports are quite nice and easy to access.  Also, I am a member of CWOP, and I'm not sure the Rainwise.net even offers an upload to the MADIS system.

Dilema....do I stick with Rainwise or go for the top of the line Davis unit and their Weatherlink system???  Even then, I'm not sure of the report quality - I download monthly reports.

Any advice??

chief-david:
I have an MK-III with both wireless receivers. I like it, but am having issues with it.
I know the temp is off and the rain gauge is not working either. There is a second data logger that I am using, but cant remember what it is. Serial port. Transfers info  every few seconds instead of 15.

With that said-I am looking at getting a Davis as a replacement. My wife is getting a grant for something at work, and is donating it to my science department.

If you do go with a different MK-III, we can work out a deal on the loggers, but it would not be until at least April.  if not, Davis is always a solid choice.

Swede:
I have been considering the Davis Pro 2 Plus as the replacement.  Lots of features and 1000 foot range.  I'm just frustrated that everything is going away from the data logger for the home PC and everything goes to some remote site.  I don't have a problem with the remote site, but I like having my weather data history at my fingertips. 

I have never owned a Davis station, so I don't know their reliability.  My RainWise WS-2000 was a solid piece of equipment.

CW2274:

--- Quote from: Swede on December 25, 2023, 06:50:43 PM ---I have been considering the Davis Pro 2 Plus as the replacement.  Lots of features and 1000 foot range. 

--- End quote ---
Not with the new console... Old ones, sure.

Swede:
What's the range from the sensor array to the new display console?

--- Quote from: CW2274 on December 25, 2023, 06:54:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Swede on December 25, 2023, 06:50:43 PM ---I have been considering the Davis Pro 2 Plus as the replacement.  Lots of features and 1000 foot range. 

--- End quote ---
Not with the new console... Old ones, sure.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version