Author Topic: Data not being saved by WLL ... (?)  (Read 700 times)

Offline photon_trap

Data not being saved by WLL ... (?)
« on: February 04, 2023, 11:48:25 AM »
Hi-

I  have a  VP2 wireless with the anemometer on it's own transmitter and a WWL.

The console (new batteries) seems to properly display all data from both transmitters, however Weatherlink.com displays no recent data on the Chart or Data tabs.

Bulletin tab shows a blank Wind Rose until you go back to month and there is current, but no historic data from the barometer.

App seems fine excepting the lack of historic data.

I have rebooted and put new batteries in the WLL and Console to no avail

Any advice on how to proceed is appreciated, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this system

Thx

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Data not being saved by WLL ... (?)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 12:32:27 PM »
Hi,
As you likely know the Davis console and Weatherlink Live are totally separate and no connection or communication between each other, but both get their outside data from the same ISS (and also separate transmitters I assume).

Presumably your Weatherlink.com is being updated by your WLL, or do you have a second WL.com account that is updated by the console with datalogger?  Presumably you have a WL.com Pro account to be able to see the charts or data.  Have you ticked the data elements you want to display, for both the station and WLL?  The outside data will be under the Weather Station, or whatever you have named it.  The inside data including Baro comes from the WLL or whatever you have named that.

Have you checked your WL App and does the Network Settings show green tick as Weatherlink Live Online?

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline photon_trap

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 04:04:59 PM »
Thanks Paul

As you likely know the Davis console and Weatherlink Live are totally separate and no connection or communication between each other, but both get their outside data from the same ISS (and also separate transmitters I assume).

That's correct, separate transmitters.

Presumably your Weatherlink.com is being updated by your WLL, or do you have a second WL.com account that is updated by the console with datalogger?

No, single WLL

Presumably you have a WL.com Pro account to be able to see the charts or data.

Correct.

Have you ticked the data elements you want to display, for both the station and WLL?  The outside data will be under the Weather Station, or whatever you have named it.  The inside data including Baro comes from the WLL or whatever you have named that.

Confirmed. Everything desired is checked

Have you checked your WL App and does the Network Settings show green tick as Weatherlink Live Online?

Thought I had it... the WLL was not connected - I connected it, got a green check, but still no data when refreshed.

I live off-grid and have two separate ISPs. ISP  #1, low power usage, on 24/7 and ISP  #2, higher power usage used as needed in winter months. (both are totally  independent, with separate modems and wi-fi and I have been juggling them a bit lately.  Even when WLL and computer are giving / taking data from the same ISP, the problem persists...

Enjoy,
Paul
[/quote]

Offline photon_trap

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 08:29:09 PM »
bump....

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 09:55:08 PM »
Sorry, I can't be of any further help on your setup and suggest you contact Davis Support.

Enjoy,
Paul

anything