Author Topic: How 'bout a Tech Corner?  (Read 3846 times)

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
How 'bout a Tech Corner?
« on: March 21, 2009, 04:31:08 AM »
Since we seem to be drifting away from WX only, how about making better use of the bandwidth than some of the silliness out there?

We seem to have some techie oriented folks, so what about a new section on technical issues and questions about PCs or other devices?

====

First question;

Is it possible to edit the text or symbol/icon a given program displays on the Taskbar?  Or does that get into decompiling/compiling?

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: How 'bout a Tech Corner?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:14:35 AM »
I think that's a great idea. Technical problems, ideas, and solutions located in a central location. =D> A centrally located area would minimize overlooking something that you may otherwise miss because of it's posted location.

As far as being able to edit icons/text in the tasklbar goes. An icon that's displayed in the taskbar usually is available somewhere else like WuHu for example. If you right click on WuHu's desktop icon there are options to change the icon and edit the displayed text (name) in there. When it's reloaded into the taskbar the new changes are displayed. Is this what you mean?

Dan
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 06:31:36 AM by DanS »

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
Re: How 'bout a Tech Corner?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 05:14:42 PM »
I started the weather hobby as an escape from my tech career.#-o ](*,) It can be difficult to stay on topic and avoid these discussions while posting. A dedicated section may be the answer. Being new here, this is probably a decision best left to the forum elders... who seem very quiet today.

anything