Author Topic: La Crosse WS-2350 multiple weather station issue?  (Read 3308 times)

Offline ak6858

La Crosse WS-2350 multiple weather station issue?
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:45:48 PM »

Hi,

I have been using 2 WS-2350 weather stations to record data for a university project. They were both left for a week to capture data, when it came to taking the data off of the base stations on the Friday no data could be found on either station! How exactly do the history files update, do you have to give the history files different names before disconnecting the PC?

Is it possible that plugging 2 different stations into the same computer may confuse the software/history files some how?

I have been using the basic 'heavy weather' software that came with the station but after reading some of the forums I have just downloaded 'weather display'. Will this software give a clearer indication of what is going on with the history files?

kind regards,

Andy

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: La Crosse WS-2350 multiple weather station issue?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:23:46 PM »

Hi,

I have been using 2 WS-2350 weather stations to record data for a university project. They were both left for a week to capture data, when it came to taking the data off of the base stations on the Friday no data could be found on either station! How exactly do the history files update, do you have to give the history files different names before disconnecting the PC?

Is it possible that plugging 2 different stations into the same computer may confuse the software/history files some how?

I have been using the basic 'heavy weather' software that came with the station but after reading some of the forums I have just downloaded 'weather display'. Will this software give a clearer indication of what is going on with the history files?

kind regards,

Andy

Hi Andy and welcome to the forum!
I'm not familiar with the 2350 model but the 2310 writes a "history.dat" file on the P.C. If you do a search on the P.C. for history.dat do you see any hits/results at all? I believe default location should be "C:\HeavyWeather" if my memory still works. Also in the HW program under settings you can direct and name the history file for each of the two stations to avoid any conflicts between the two stations. Hope this helps.

Dan
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 08:51:10 PM by DanS »