Author Topic: Help with wxgraphic not updating  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Windwalker222

• The Country Depot
Help with wxgraphic not updating
« on: February 28, 2010, 01:55:36 PM »
Thanks to the great posts here, I have finally figured out how to get me a basic wxgraphic! Man that was a great feeling. However I have a couple questions if anyone can help me out. I checked and found a thread on the wxgraphic problem but when I started to replay it said it was really an old topic and suggested starting another. Hope this is okay.

1. I have the banner set up and tested http://www.castlekeepdanes.com/weather/sticker/wxgraphic.php?type=banner_big
It seems okay just maybe fine tuning that I will do later as far as lining up the words better.

2. My sticker is not updating to current conditions that have uploaded to Wdisplay. Any suggestions?
I went into wdisplay control panel, Internet file creations and uploads, clientraw.txt, Set to update every 5 mins. for both create file times and upload times.
Saved the settings
Did a Create this file now
Did a Upload this file now
Saw the ftp show activity

Checking by ftp I show clientraw.txt updated 2/28/10 12:05pm Peeking at the txt file I see no time stamps of anything but for 02/27/10 there are a couple of different times, and they are PM and clear and dry so that may be the graphic I have. It is only about 1k long, is that normal? I am guessing I have missed a setting somewhere in Wdisplay (or changed it while fiddling last night).

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edit: Well, wouldn't you know it. I found it after 5 mins after this looooong post while digging through the settings again. It was in the Real time Client FTP section I think. It seems when I swtiched it to on (must have turned it off the other night?) it started working.

Can anyone give me some basic settings for that area that I should have? I have nothing ticked except "restart instead of re-login" I may have just did a manual upload of some type using the create file and upload file from the other panel and maybe this one needs a setting to update the clientraw correctly?

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 02:21:10 PM by Windwalker222 »

Ron
Zephyr PWS-1000TD-X, Weather Display 10.37P, Dedicated 2.13Ghz 512MB, XP Pro