Author Topic: METEOTRACKER MOBILE WEATHER STATION  (Read 919 times)

Offline Ivan13

• Contributor
METEOTRACKER MOBILE WEATHER STATION
« on: September 13, 2022, 05:02:16 PM »
Hello to all WXforum users. I open this new thread to talk with you about an interesting mobile station in my opinion. This station allows you to detect data on the go, just connect the station to the mobile phone via Bluetooth connection and it will start detecting the various meteorological parameters.
I have been using the station for more than two years and I must say that I am really satisfied with the product, I can no longer do without it. The station has 3 powerful magnets that allow it to be used on the roof of the car but other uses are also possible, for example on the bike (with a special support sold by meteotracker), or on other means of transport but it can also be used when walking on foot.

You can find the product and the various features at this link: https://meteotracker.com/

Now I list some photos regarding the main features:
DETECTED PARAMETERS:
✔ Temperature
✔ Vertical Thermal Gradient
✔ Relative Humidity
✔ Pressure
✔ Altitude
✔ Dew Point
✔ Solar Radiation Intensity Indicator
✔ Humidex Index (thermal comfort)
✔ Speed

Under the sun, my car thermometer often provides temperature readings that are much higher than the actual temperature. Does MeteoTracker also have this problem?
No, MeteoTracker does not have this problem. Our multi-sensor implements a (patented) system that is able to correct the error caused by solar radiation. In fact, it is equipped with two temperature sensors that, by means of a differential approach, are able to remove that part of the reading that is caused by the heating of the product through sun exposure, the so-called "solar radiation error" .

My car already has an external thermometer. What is so different about MeteoTracker?
Car thermometers are imprecise and “slow” (they are not able to measure the sharp variations in temperature that are typically encountered while we travel). They are also limited to displaying temperatures without attributing any spatial and temporal references to the measured data. MeteoTracker does much more. Its measurements are much more accurate, and it is able to capture even the sharpest variations in temperature encountered while travelling. It attributes geographical coordinates to every single data item acquired. Data can be visualised in real-time on your smartphone and is sent directly to the cloud. The data is then available, in a data archive equipped with advanced visualisation and analysis tools, on maps and with graphical representations. In this way, MeteoTracker creates an innovative database of weather data at a high level of spatial resolution.

What data do I have access to online?
By purchasing MeteoTracker you will have access to all of the data collected by your MeteoTracker and by the members of the Community, both on the mobile App and the web platform. Access to the data collected by the Community is unlimited through the mobile App while there may be some temporary restrictions on the web platform depending on the offering you have purchased.

Below you will find some of the station purchase options with their main features.

- 🌡 METEOTRACKER PRO €144.00
👉PORTABLE METEOTRACKER WEATHER STATION with: 📉📊Full access to your data on the MeteoTracker web platform (on map, graphs, numeric format, StreetView, statistics) 📉📊🤼Full access for 1 year to all data publicly collected by the MeteoTracker Community 📁Export of your data to CSV file, with each weatherpoint geo and time-tagged 🔶🔶USB-C MeteoTracker cable 📔Second cover of different color 📤
SHIPPING COST: 9€ to Italy | 14€ to EU | 21€ to the rest of world

- 🚴‍♀️ METEOTRACKER PRO BIKE €158.00
👉PORTABLE METEOTRACKER WEATHER STATION with: 🚴‍♀️ Holder for installing MeteoTracker on vehicles equipped with handlebars (bikes, scooters, etc ...) 📉📊Full access to your data on the MeteoTracker web platform (on map, graphs, numeric format, StreetView, statistics) 📉📊🤼 Full access for 1 year to all data publicly collected by the MeteoTracker Community 📁Export of your data to CSV file, with each weatherpoint geo and time-tagged 🔶🔶USB-C MeteoTracker cable 📔Second cover of different color 📤

- 📉📊🤼 METEOTRACKER PRO PLUS €177.00
👉PORTABLE METEOTRACKER WEATHER STATION with: 📉📊🤼Full access (no expiration date) to all data publicly collected by the MeteoTracker Community 🚴‍♀️Holder for installing MeteoTracker on vehicles equipped with handlebars (bikes, scooters, etc ...) 📉📊Full access to your data on the MeteoTracker web platform (on map, graphs, numeric format, StreetView, statistics) 📁Export of your data to CSV file, with each weatherpoint geo and time-tagged 🔶🔶USB-C MeteoTracker cable 📔Second cover of different color 📤

- There is also another version "business / standalone". In which the data collection is fully automated, aimed at the installation of fleets and service vehicles (smartphone functionalities are moved to a cellular / GNSS module).

For more information on the various types of products, you can contact the meteotracker at the email address: info@meteotracker.com or write in this thread.
Thanks  [tup]
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 05:04:39 PM by Ivan13 »
1. Froggit HP1000SE PRO;
2. GATEWAY GW1003 (ws80/wh40/wh32-ep in barani standard)
3. GATEWAY WH2650 (3rd station)(1 WH32-EP METAL, 1 WH40)
6. LIGHTING SENSOR;
7. OTHERS WH31 NORMAL and 1 WH31-EP
8. RAIN SENSOR;
9. WEBCAM HP10 (beta test)
10. LOW COST STATION (WN1900).

Offline JosephDemps

Re: METEOTRACKER MOBILE WEATHER STATION
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2024, 08:05:06 PM »
I haven't used the MeteoTracker myself, but it sounds like a pretty neat setup for mobile weather monitoring. Being able to track various meteorological parameters on the go with just a Bluetooth connection to your phone is super convenient.

Offline BenjaminPratt

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2024, 09:44:00 PM »
For me the ability to correct for solar radiation error is a big plus, especially for accurate temperature readings.

Offline tweatherman

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 01:39:32 AM »
What kind of accuracy and update times on the various sensors onboard this unit is the big question here.

Thanks,
tweatherman

Offline cjohlandt

• Cedar Ridge Weather
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 11:08:20 PM »
I've been using a MeteoTracker since they shipped their first KickStarter devices.  I have since upgraded to the current version, the MeteoTracker X and enjoy using it on both long and short trips.  Specs can be found on page 4 at https://meteotracker.com/user-guides/MINI_STATION_MT_USER_MANUAL_EN.pdf.  The hardware samples once per second and you control the actual data transfer rate in the app using distance traveled or time (default is every 100 meters or every 3 seconds).  Support is via email and they've been very easy to work with.

-Chris
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus Wireless, WeatherLink Live
WXM WiFi (identical to Ecowitt WS69), Ecowitt GW2000
PurpleAir PA-II