Author Topic: Windrose workaround for wxtrends with Meteobridge Pro  (Read 597 times)

Offline drrehak

Windrose workaround for wxtrends with Meteobridge Pro
« on: March 02, 2022, 05:37:01 PM »
Since the Meteobridge doesn't generate a windrose display to use in wxtrends, I've been exploring alternative solutions.  I looked at creating the plot and decided on a different solution, at least for now.

Since the MB Pro can generate various other charts, I simply created a set of custom Temp, Rain and Wind charts to interleave with the trends data.  I felt the builtin "allinone" chart took up too much space, and decide I didn't need a solar/UV chart.  I picked a 12hour time frame for the graphs, but this can easily be changed.  Process was to work with the MB to get the charts to look like what I wanted, get the URL (using 12 hours of data, 5 minute resolution) and put it in iframe wrappers in MB-trends-inc

For rain, I added a 12 hour rain total item to the MB tags and don't display the rain graph if there's less than a user defined trace level within the last 12 hours (there's the potential for the graph to not properly display if the rain stopped 12 hours ago or starts at the current time--all within the delta of the current time and the last FTP upload; didn't think it was worth the effort to deal with this edge case since if it occurs, it goes away with the next upload).  I added a similar test to drop the display of wind.

Since I'm running on a local machine not accessible, here's an image to what it looks like.  Happy to share more details if anyone wants.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Dan Rehak | Pittsburgh PA
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus | Meteobridge Pro
Local Site | Raspberry Pi 4B

anything