Author Topic: Cold as  (Read 1062 times)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Cold as
« on: January 22, 2022, 08:22:15 PM »
i know we all have seen lists on how cold it is , but this one  is a bit more funny.

Offline WeatherHost

• Forecaster
Re: Cold as
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 09:30:19 AM »
...  January.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 11:30:08 AM »

WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 11:55:55 AM »
cold is a state of mind

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 03:09:54 PM »
i know we all have seen lists on how cold it is , but this one  is a bit more funny.
      good one.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2022, 11:09:10 PM »
My father once said, " It is colder than a whore's heart on Cherry Street."   and smart-a## me said, " How do you know that ?"   He replied, " Don't you have some studying to be doing about now?"

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2022, 09:46:54 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2022, 11:03:33 AM »
The wind has already shifted to the N and rain will start in early afternoon. The ice/sleet storm will hit around midnight and shut everything down. They're predicting .3" to .5" of ice for me, I can hardly wait. And we'll fall below freezing for about 48 hours. Of course last years ice storm was bad and we were below freezing for 144 hours.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2022, 11:08:18 AM »
The wind has already shifted to the N and rain will start in early afternoon. The ice/sleet storm will hit around midnight and shut everything down. They're predicting .3" to .5" of ice for me, I can hardly wait. And we'll fall below freezing for about 48 hours. Of course last years ice storm was bad and we were below freezing for 144 hours.
All that ice and no scotch.    Be careful. I suspect some of the idiot drivers from here has move to  your area , so they will be the one's in trees, ditches, and all that stuff.  The groundhog predicts six more weeks of winter, the Iowa groundhog says spring in six weeks (but it was polluted at the time)  https://www.kcci.com/article/polk-county-iowa-paula-makes-her-groundhog-day-prediction/38960764       We have very cold temps today.   high today is 7 low -1 . and this continues until the weekend.    No precip but no sun either to make the illusion that solar radiation is good.
  Saw that your Governor says Texas is prepared this time around.  good luck when politicians think they are prepared.

I guess one could think this winter might have something to do with the ALMIGHTY being a little ticked with us, this time that "45" made that recent trip and talk about something not nice and is getting revenge. Or ...

Please be safe
« Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:10:55 AM by Aardvark »

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2022, 11:56:07 AM »
We just had an Alberta Clipper run through North Dakota.  Had 61 mph max wind gust yesterday.  And now the temps have plunged.  -5F and -26F wind chill.  But it'll be back up to 40F on Saturday.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
    • turned off
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2022, 12:22:38 PM »
We just had an Alberta Clipper run through North Dakota.  Had 61 mph max wind gust yesterday.  And now the temps have plunged.  -5F and -26F wind chill.  But it'll be back up to 40F on Saturday.

So your the one that it is so freakin' cold here.