Author Topic: Losing signal randomly, diff sensors  (Read 499 times)

Offline Mchd17

Losing signal randomly, diff sensors
« on: January 19, 2022, 10:45:44 PM »
I have vantage pro2 console, using meteobridge nano, setup of sensors:

Transmitter 1 ISS
Transmitter 2 Wind repeater A
Transmitter 3 OFF
Transmitter 4 Soil/Leaf
Transmitter 5 Temp/Hum sensor
Transmitter 6 Temp/Hum sensor repeater B

I am using two separate Repeaters, different locations of my property. Installed Transmitter 6 Temp/Hum sensor and repeater B about a week ago. Now I am noticing Soil/Leaf station dropping off, only dashes for temp, etc for station on console. Sometimes both Transmitter 5 and Transmitter 6 are dropping off. Maybe sometimes, just Transmitter 5 drops. Seems to be very random. On console, I usually have to press the DONE and - to bring up the setup function and go through the list of station IDs and then it seems to reconnect to all stations. Meteobridge NANO is configured properly. My WLL has no problems staying connected to all my stations. I believe it if was a station battery issue, i would be seeing signs of that on my WLL chart data. Last night for some reason, my Meteobridge NANO lost wifi connection. I had to do a hard reset to the NANO. Which reboots NANO to factory defaults. I had to add station, weather uploads etc. I thought everything was working fine. Just now console lost connection to Soil/Leaf station. Once again, went into console setup, scrolled through station IDs, exited setup, and everything connects fine. This is strange to me, any suggestions? Maybe a MB Nano conflict?

Offline Mchd17

Re: Losing signal randomly, diff sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 10:45:47 AM »
Console has been stable since I did a full reboot of MBNano. Hope this post doesn't jinx me.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 08:20:01 PM »
could be battery fluctations.   

Offline Mchd17

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 08:33:58 PM »
I thought about that. But my WLL never lost signal from any sensor while my vp2 console lost it.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 09:42:58 PM »
What does your network design in regard distances WLL/NanoSd to Repeaters/Sensors etc look like? Including WiFi distance Nano to router

Offline Mchd17

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 10:09:03 PM »
WLL to router less then 15 feet
VP2 Console to router less then 10 feet

ISS to WLL 200 feet
ISS to VP2 console 200 feet

Wind anemometer 1/4 mile away from consoles
Repeater A 1000 feet from anemometer
Repeater A to WLL 300 feet
Repeater A to VP2 console 300 feet

Soil/Leaf to WLL 150 feet
Soil/Leaf to VP2 console 150 feet

Temp/Hum sensor 1 to WLL 125 feet
Temp/Hum sensor 1 to VP2 console 110

Temp/hum sensor 2, sensor inside metal building, 300 feet from consoles
Temp/hum to repeater b, 10 feet
Repeater b to WLL 290
Repeater b to VP2 console 280

These are quick rough estimates, I bet they are pretty close to accurate

Offline Mchd17

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 10:19:38 PM »
This all started when I installed temp/hum sensor #2. I've had my vp2 since 2018. Temp/hum #2 I installed a few weeks ago.

I had temp/hum 2 up and running, WLL connected fine. VP2 console would not see it. Sensor installed inside metal building. Turned sensor 2 off of console and ordered a repeater. Installed repeater, changed sensor to repeater in WLL and vp2 console. All worked. Even changed sensor mapping in nano. Few days go by, soil/leaf station would drop from vp2 console, still connected to WLL. Read my first post.

Ever since I did a nano reboot to defaults, and a soil/leaf sensor hiccup, vp2 console has been working great.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 10:21:28 PM by Mchd17 »

Offline davidefa

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 04:48:06 AM »
Don't know if useful, but I've written a small script to retrieve data from weatherlink.com via v2 api.
Health records contain a lot of information.
Usage is simple:
1) modify source code adding your api-key and secret key in line 2,3
2) copy the script on your server
3) call the script ( without parameters ) and it will show information on all your stations/sensors ( take note of your 'station_id' )
4) call the script ( adding parameter ?id=xxx, xxx is the 'station_id' previously retrieved ) to retrieve data from a particular station/sensor

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 05:49:19 AM »
Don't know if useful, but I've written a small script to retrieve data from weatherlink.com via v2 api.
Health records contain a lot of information.
Usage is simple:
1) modify source code adding your api-key and secret key in line 2,3
2) copy the script on your server
3) call the script ( without parameters ) and it will show information on all your stations/sensors ( take note of your 'station_id' )
4) call the script ( adding parameter ?id=xxx, xxx is the 'station_id' previously retrieved ) to retrieve data from a particular station/sensor
But the problem is with the VP2 console, not the WLL.

My only last resort suggestion would be to remove the nano from the console and see it it works then - presumably you would still be getting the data via the WLL?
Mark

Offline Mchd17

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 08:54:03 AM »

But the problem is with the VP2 console, not the WLL.

My only last resort suggestion would be to remove the nano from the console and see it it works then - presumably you would still be getting the data via the WLL?

That's actually a great idea and i don't know why i didn't think of that. If the console loses connection to any sensor again, i will do just that and report back.

anything