Author Topic: The Active Southwest Monsoon Season of 2021  (Read 712 times)

Offline AZmonsooncats

• Current weather conditions in North Phoenix, Ariz
  • Senior Contributor
  • Me & My Little Sis!!
    • Pepper Ridge North Valley  Weather and Lightning
The Active Southwest Monsoon Season of 2021
« on: October 26, 2021, 02:03:49 AM »
My final report and summary of Monsoon 2021 is in.

"This year's Monsoon Season was a stark contrast to the 2020 season as we went from having one of the driest monsoon season on record statewide to one of the wettest a big reason was because of where the Monsoon Ridge spent most of this past summer further North and a bit west of it's normal climatological position while in 2020 it sat further south and east of the normal traditional 4 corners location. This pattern caused great big summer heat waves to extend up into the Pacific Northwest and even caused record high temperatures to be set as far north as southern Canada, but it also caused our monsoon season to come in early and to be unusually stronger than normal."

You may view the complete report at the following link https://tinyurl.com/jzepptkc #weather #fb #Monsoon2021

Jeanette
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 03:05:18 AM by AZmonsooncats »
"Some dreams are in the night time, And some seem like yesterday
But leaves turn brown and fade, Ships sail away
You long to say a thousand words…but Seasons Change."

CWOP:CW3794, MesoWest: C3794, Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PepperRidgeNorthValleyWX/

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: The Active Southwest Monsoon Season of 2021
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 03:55:22 AM »
I can vouch the heat worked into the upper plains too.  Here in Valentine, we didn't miss out on moisture actually above normal but had several above normal months of heat. Going north into South Dakota it was even hotter and much drier. It was an unusual year for sure.
Randy

anything