Author Topic: Does Meteorbridge PI require Weather Link Live pro subscription?  (Read 473 times)

Offline fkapp

• Forecaster
I currently have  Weather Link Live pro subscription.
One of the reasons I am going to setup a MB PI is to remove the annual WL live pro subscription cost.
Along with being able to send my 2ndary anemometer roof top to CWOP, WU (oh and to rapid fire :)).

Just want to confirm that the WL Live pro is not needed with MB PI though?

Thanks
Frank

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Does Meteorbridge PI require Weather Link Live pro subscription?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2021, 07:43:46 PM »
MBPro is unable to send to WeatherLink.com with or without a subscription. I would assume MB PI to be the same? A Nano/SD can upload to WeatherLink.com without any subscription, requires a simple account. The subscription cost just provides additional functionality but not essential to basically support a Nano/SD     

Offline fkapp

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2021, 08:32:28 PM »
Thanks, I wasnt clear in my question but thinking more about it Weather Link Live will be able to communicate with the MB PI on my local network.
Was a kind of stupid ? if pro subscription is needed as data will be sent locally between my devices.

Thanks for letting me know re weatherlink.com, and I will forgo that to avoid the subscription costs.

Need to learn how to export data locally from the MB PI, but that is the fun of learning new things

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2021, 08:28:50 AM »
MBPro is unable to send to WeatherLink.com with or without a subscription. I would assume MB PI to be the same? A Nano/SD can upload to WeatherLink.com without any subscription, requires a simple account.

@Mattk: Are you sure about this - it's not obvious from the MB website? (Not doubting the comment at all, but it's a detail I wasn't aware of and would be useful to clarify 100%.)

If accurate then it presumably implies that MB doesn't itself currently synthesise the current conditions packet for upload to weatherlink.com. I can't imagine that this would be a difficult feature to add but that's obviously for Boris to decide. Following this train of thought, it sounds to me like there are two scenarios:

1. If MB sources data from a Vue/VP2 console (Nano; MBfPi with a USB logger or WLIP-type feed; and ditto for MB Pro Red or Black) then it can upload to weatherlink.com

2. If MBfPi sources data from WLL or directly from the sensor transmitters (Red) then it can't upload to wl.com

But this is just me speculating and official confirmation would be good.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 06:11:20 PM »
There is no "WeatherLink Cloud" option available to select in the list of MBPro Weather Networks. Option exists with a NANO which is specifically installed in a Davis console/Vue. There must be some technicality why the option isn't available in a MBPro as opposed to a NANO?