Author Topic: Biden on weather  (Read 4851 times)

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
Re: Biden on weather
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2021, 03:11:53 PM »
I should have prefaced my comments on flu season as the healthcare system I work for in GA.  We had a very light 2020 flu related issues.  Our physicians said early last year that the flu shot we are required to get was matching up with the variant in the area, which rarely happens LOL.

That's the thing.  The map shows Georgia as having a high flu rate this past year.  I know your experience could be very localized, but I doubt it, and most people I know of seem to agree that it was a light flu season.

Offline Daali

• weather n00b
  • Senior Contributor
    • The weather in Jefferson, GA
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2021, 03:15:56 PM »
We own the north, northeast really.  Lot's of folks around here have started to get lax with the masks.  We have seen sicker covid patients, but flu is pretty light at the moment.  However, the administration is really pushing us to get our flu shots early. 

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2021, 03:56:27 PM »
The way I have seen some people wear masks, I understand why contraceptives don't work for some.

Only 17% of Americans are vaccine "hesitant".  Yet 58% of those people are Republican.  (15% are Democrat) (NYT)
32% of Republicans believe that the vaccine is really a "tracker" (Politico)..... but apparently their cell phones are not.
Republicanism in this country is deadly... to life and brain function. .

Further looking at the statistics, what percentage of Republicans are vaccine "hesitant", assuming this poll is even accurate to begin with?

Hint: it's not 58%, but 58% times 17% (you were a math teacher, correct?).

So the great majority of Republicans aren't vaccine "hesitant", but you're going to paint them as if they are, right?

Why do you see "hesitancy" as a bad thing anyway?  Because all societies that have blindly followed their leaders, the intellectually elite (apparently Democrats like yourself), and the "science" of the day without question have done well?

Maybe Republicans are a more inclusive party of people who are able to think for themselves without being censored or bowing to peer pressure.

"Hesitancy" doesn't even necessarily mean they will refuse the vaccine, many such as those with a past infection, may have legitimate reasons to question it.  I for one don't buy your argument that a man-made vaccine is better than natural immunity, especially when experts like Fauci can't even address the question honestly.

Still curious who the other 27% non-Republicans and non-Democrats are.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 04:20:33 PM by SnowHiker »

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2021, 05:36:28 PM »
Republicanism in this country is deadly... to life and brain function. .
:lol:  Got news for ya, you and your "people" will be outta their jobs "bigly" next November, and your brain dead president (whomever that may be) will be nothing more than a sock puppet..just like now as a matter of fact. Even college students at numerous football stadiums are chanting "F..k Joe Biden". Your boy and his worthless and destructive administration can't even win over leftist indoctrinated college kids. :lol: Speaks volumes. America is waking up... Go cry in your soup in your basement.  :-({|=

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #104 on: September 13, 2021, 06:43:33 PM »
Boy has this thread gone off the rails. Hopefully it will be locked soon.

In before the lock...   :lol:

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #105 on: September 13, 2021, 06:56:31 PM »

So you've fallen for the lies too, huh Jim?

You know, the fabricated story that was repeated on the liberal news media, or at least by partisan idiots like Rachael Maddow, that hospitals were turning away gunshot victims because ignorant rednecks (Trump supporters) were over-dosing on Ivermectin?

You may want to read some facts on Invermectin also (but probably you don't really care about the facts):

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41429-020-0336-z

www.nature.com/articles/ja201711

Not that I recommend Ivermectin.  I've never taken it (or the vaccine for that matter). :shock:  Do you even know of anyone who has taken Ivermectin, or is it just a senseless cartoon you thought was funny because it makes fun of Trump supporters?

It is interesting how all possible treatments or preventatives are being vilified in order to only promote the vaccine and perpetual compliance to all kinds of mandates that are most likely doing more harm than rednecks chugging Ivermection.

I do love people who complain that a thread has gone off the rails (which they only tend to do when they feel their side is losing the argument), go and push it further off the rails, and then want the mods to lock it hoping they can have the last word.  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 07:34:05 PM by SnowHiker »

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #106 on: September 13, 2021, 07:36:02 PM »

You know, the completely fabricated story that was repeated on the liberal news media that a hospital was turning away gunshot victims because ignorant rednecks were over-dosing on Ivermectin?  (The hospal in the false story said there were no ivermectin overdoses).

Nope, I posted the cartoon because I thought it was funny (thanks for bumping it).

The thread went off topic starting at post #10 on the first page. It was supposed to be about silly things politicians say about the weather and morphed into yet another covid thread.

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #107 on: September 13, 2021, 07:44:31 PM »

Nope, I posted the cartoon because I thought it was funny (thanks for bumping it).

The thread went off topic starting at post #10 on the first page. It was supposed to be about silly things politicians say about the weather and morphed into yet another covid thread.

So, what exactly do you find funny about a cartoon that has no basis in reality, other than it gives a false impression and attacks people you like to vilify?  And you don't find it hypocritical that you complain the direction a thread has gone, and then push it further?  (I sure do.)

I like the way you pretend I'm doing you a favor by "bumping" your mindless cartoon by a whole few minutes on the same page, as if people could have missed the humongous thing if it wasn't repeated twice.   :lol: :roll:

Offline Jim_S

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2021, 09:43:37 PM »
So, what exactly do you find funny about a cartoon that has no basis in reality, other than it gives a false impression and attacks people you like to vilify?  And you don't find it hypocritical that you complain the direction a thread has gone, and then push it further?  (I sure do.)
I think the cartoon is funny because, reality wise, it's spot on and quite accurately portrays the anti science, anti mask, anti vax, covid deniers :lol: :roll:

...and attacks people you like to vilify?
If you think I'm attacking and vilifying people then report my post. Compared to some of the attacking and vilifying that has been going on for days (on both sides) I think it's mild.

And you don't find it hypocritical that you complain the direction a thread has gone, and then push it further?  (I sure do.)
Then report me to the mods. I don't think I've pushed it any further than it already was and, again, this thread should be shut down so if my post helps...GOOD!

I like the way you pretend I'm doing you a favor by "bumping" your mindless cartoon by a whole few minutes on the same page, as if people could have missed the humongous thing if it wasn't repeated twice.
Okey Dokey, if you won't I will.

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #109 on: September 13, 2021, 10:08:57 PM »
The irony is that ivermectin is at least approved for use in humans!

"Many regions around the world now recognize that ivermectin is a powerful prophylaxis and treatment for COVID-19. South Africa, Zimbabwe, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Mexico, and now, India, have approved the drug for use by medical professionals. The results as seen in this latest study demonstrate that the ivermectin distribution campaigns repeatedly led to "rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality."

https://journals.lww.com/americantherapeutics/Fulltext/2021/06000/Review_of_the_Emerging_Evidence_Demonstrating_the.4.aspx

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:30:50 PM by AWL »

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #110 on: September 13, 2021, 10:31:40 PM »
Ok, enough far-afield and useless back-and-forth.  Locking this topic.

I would strongly caution that this:

The irony is that ivermectin is at least approved for use in humans!

"Many regions around the world now recognize that ivermectin is a powerful prophylaxis and treatment for COVID-19. South Africa, Zimbabwe, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Mexico, and now, India, have approved the drug for use by medical professionals. The results as seen in this latest study demonstrate that the ivermectin distribution campaigns repeatedly led to "rapid population-wide decreases in morbidity and mortality."

is likely partially true.  Invermectin is approved as a medicine to treat parasite infections (ringworm, etc).
I doubt the second paragraph is true in re COVID-19, but is likely true to treat parasite infections (not viral ones) in many countries.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything