Author Topic: Wind speed comparison at two sites - a question  (Read 1431 times)

Offline piote

Wind speed comparison at two sites - a question
« on: August 31, 2021, 10:10:48 AM »
Hi all,

I'd like to ask your opinion on the issue below. Perhaps you would be able to point to the approximate solution.

We have 2 sites - the first one on the sea (ST1), the second one (situated about 10km away from the first one) on the shore - the shore is covered with a coniferous forest (ST2).

At ST2 there is a sodar, which is able to measure wind speed at various levels above ground. The idea is to find an approximation of wind speed at ST1 using the sodar measurements at ST2. How can this be done? Eg. can we find an approximate height above the ground at ST2 where the wind speed would be comparable to the wind speed at ST1 (the sensor here is situateed 4m above sea level)?

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
Re: Wind speed comparison at two sites - a question
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 05:22:28 PM »
I would expect there would be way too many variables and unknowns to make any assumptions?

Offline terryreynolds

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 11:29:07 PM »
The Coffee Maker

What Is A Coffee Maker?

✩ The coffee maker is an invention for people who really love enjoying a good cup of coffee. Coffee is one of the favorite drinks in many countries. As you might know, there are more and more people who prefer having 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day. However, many of them find it complicated and time-consuming to make it in a traditional way. In fact, grinding beans, spooning out the coffee, or boiling the kettle can be a problem for some. That is the reason why the coffee maker was invented. Coffee makers make the process much easier. Furthermore, they can make large quantities of coffee in a short time

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

See Also: Comparison reviews

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Some Questions And Answers Around The Coffee Maker

✷ Question: How can I choose a good coffee maker?

Answer: Firstly, you have to know what kind of coffee maker you need and how big you want it to be, as well as how much you can afford for it. There are various kinds of coffee makers to choose from, such as drip coffee maker, single-serve coffee maker, French press coffee maker, Espresso coffee maker, etc.

✷ Question: Is a coffee maker expensive?

✷ Answer: Actually, a coffee maker is not too expensive. It just depends on the type of coffee maker that you buy. Moreover, you should also consider the brand of the coffee maker because it is like other products, and different brands can have different prices. However, we can say that having a coffee maker will definitely cost you less than if you make a cup of coffee in traditional way. If you are a coffee lover, it will be worth having one. An Espresso maker is quite expensive, however. You can check out some of the best product reviews TheKingLive.com and guides on some websites to find out what you need to know.

✷ Question: What kind of coffee maker should I have in my kitchen?

✷ Answer: We highly recommend that you have a drip coffee maker in your home. If you are the kind of person that needs a cup of coffee every morning, then a drip coffee maker in your kitchen can be your savior. You will not have to wake up early to make a cup of coffee. Just fill it with beans and water, and get yourself ready. According to some top reviews, you can look for the names of some of the best products, like the Ninja Hot & Cold System, Breville Precision Brewer, or Bonavita BV1900TS.

✷ Question: Do I have to clean the coffee maker regularly?

✷ Answer: Of course, you have to clean your coffee maker regularly. As you can imagine, a coffee maker is a good environment for mold and yeast to grow, and this can definitely affect your delicious coffee. Besides, you can get some diseases from this. Hot water is not enough to get rid of this. Here is what you should do:

1. You should fill your coffee maker’s water chamber with a mix of vinegar and water.

2. Turn off the coffee maker after about 30’.

3. Rinse the coffee maker twice.

4. Use warm, sudsy water and some rice as abrasive. Swirl the mixture, and then you can clean, rinse, and dry it.

5. Clean the outside of the coffee maker.

Read More Reviews Information With: Ten best reviews TheKingLive.com

Conclusion:

✷ We have shown you some basic information about the coffee maker following some top reviews. We know that there are a lot of questions that you might want to have answered. We highly recommend that you look for more forums and websites to learn how to use your coffee maker properly. But first of all, you must read the guideline book carefully when you buy a new coffee maker. Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2022, 04:55:49 AM by terryreynolds »

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 09:38:01 AM »
I have had dead calm in my front yard while the tops of trees just a few hundred feet away are swaying a lot.

I think the microclimate is so variable that any attempt at estimating wind even a few hundred feet away is a wild goose chase.

On my 80' tower I have three RMYoung 5103s, and in light wind they can be showing far different directions and conditions.  In heavy wind, especially during storms, they are changing a lot.

At airports, the wind given by the tower is often different from what one sees on a wind sock at the end of the runway, too.
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

anything