Author Topic: Apple 69. Is the world really run by morons?  (Read 676 times)

Offline cheeroip

• Holocene human / dev / tinkerer
  • Developer
    • DTVRC
Apple 69. Is the world really run by morons?
« on: July 17, 2021, 12:46:25 PM »
So Apple weather app developers don't know  how convert C to F
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

And nobody has any concern.
"Oh well everything is explained now. Shoulder shrugs. No big deal, it's just a "glitch". A bug. A fact of life. Shit happens."
Everything is normal for everybody seem.

Beside the fact that my mind can't understand how something like this could ever be acceptable as a developer.
Do they have only 1 person working on it? A team? how many developers and resources a company like Apple put in an application used by billions of people? Do they even have any kind of quality control?
They never tested the very unlikely extreme situation that a 69 F day is.

But ok. Let's assume they don't know how to write software. (...)

The richest company ever existed in the history of humanity, thousand of employees, the smartest, the brightest.
They bought dark sky.
They couldn't manage to listen to anybody that pointed to a problem like this?
Nobody in Apple ever noticed it before?
For how long no user noticed that?

The world keep surprise me every day.

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
Re: Apple 69. Is the world really run by morons?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2021, 04:45:33 PM »
Mine works fine. 

Offline cheeroip

• Holocene human / dev / tinkerer
  • Developer
    • DTVRC
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2021, 12:44:59 PM »
Mine works fine.
oh, Im not trying to troubleshoot Apple products :)

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2021, 02:44:14 PM »
Mine works fine.
oh, Im not trying to troubleshoot Apple products :)
Ok. consider that app in question.  For Des Moines, there are two weather sources that send data here and there.  One is the official temperature at the airport which is about 5 miles south of me.  Then there is the NOAA office which is 5 miles to the NW of me.   It is possible to have both reporting different temperatures to the apple weather thing to give two different temperatures.  Then of course we do have APRS which gets weather from me and other weatherstation people who send data in and all that probably is averaged.  So yeah the app can be correct.

I rarely use that, I rely on what my home station says is going on. and when I do travel, I also rely on radar,  I have a nifty app on my phone for that.

So  to answer the question, yes, there are a lot of uneducated people . President 45, said he loves them and they do support him and his whatever he is doing.  The big issue is who do you want to run the world,  educated morons, or uneducated morons.   For me, personally, I don't care as what will happen will happen.

To quote my high school math teacher :   Those of you who think you know it all, are very annoying to those of us who do.

anything