Author Topic: Ambient Weather Station Beta Testers needed :)  (Read 6697 times)

Offline olicat

• Forecaster
  • GWxx00, HP2551C, HP3501C, WN1900C & FOSHKplugin
    • FOSHKplugin
Re: Ambient Weather Station Beta Testers needed :)
« Reply #200 on: January 03, 2022, 05:17:38 AM »
Hi!

I'm excited to let you know that WeatherWizz custom dashboards now feature built-in pop-up charts.
Where do I find these charts in the dashboard?
I'm on ew0001; Station-ID: MVTYVDXDSF.
Or is this new feature for patreons only?

Oliver

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #201 on: January 03, 2022, 06:16:41 PM »
two more things:
1. why is the last lightning time stamp not showing as in your examples ?
It showed on the old ew dashboard and the data is still provided (CumulusMX) - only count and distance can be selected in the customizing dialogue.
2. the banner doesn't show most of the units while the dashboard does  :roll: - how to get the units also on the banner ?
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Hey Gyvate,

Of the WeatherWizz patreon supporters who have lightning sensors i ran a poll at the time of development and it was seen as not required for a real time dashboard. 

Upon thinking about this, it kind of made sense to me since we are trying to see a snap shot of the current weather conditions and not that I had a lightening strike 3 weeks ago.  So seeing the count for the current day and the distance was enough to give a snap shot of the current weather conditions.

The Banner units, well it just needs a little TLC, which it will get soon :)

Cheers

Duncan @ WeatherWizz

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #202 on: January 03, 2022, 06:24:32 PM »
Hi!

I'm excited to let you know that WeatherWizz custom dashboards now feature built-in pop-up charts.
Where do I find these charts in the dashboard?
I'm on ew0001; Station-ID: MVTYVDXDSF.
Or is this new feature for patreons only?

Oliver

Hi Olicat,

This feature is only available for Patreon supporters who have activated custom dashboards as they are the ones who asked for it :)

The ew... dashboards were developed during the beta phase to prove concepts and since then they have not been updated and they are no longer available to select.  I have kept them running for those who were using them to test.

if you want to try the custom dashboards just shoot me an email at support@weatherwizz.com and i'll get that setup for you.

Cheers

Duncan @ WeatherWizz.

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2022, 01:13:27 AM »
Hey there!

Itís only the second week of 2022 and we are ready to release our next biggest feature for our supporters!

I'm excited to let you know that WeatherWizz now has a wordpress plugin! Display your live weather data directly on your own wordpress sites with a simple shortcode in your text. And the really cool thing is that your visitors donít need to refresh your web pages to get the latest weather data. WeatherWizz will automatically update the weather sensor data on your pages every 30 seconds as your visitors are reading! 😊

Available for WeatherWizz patrons.

Check out the instructions and examples here: https://www.weatherwizz.com/wordpressplugin

Thank you for supporting WeatherWizz!

Duncan @ WeatherWizz
weatherwizz.com

Offline SnowSentry

• Contributor
    • WeatherWizz
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2022, 01:49:43 AM »
Hi All,

WeatherWizz can now link to your Amazon Alexa devices and read out your weather station data like this.
User: Alexa, Ask my weather station the temperature.
Alexa: The outdoor temperature is 32 degrees.

Check it out on the Amazon Alexa store!

It currently supports all English speaking regions.  Happy to implement any other languages that Amazon support if anyone wants to help translate and test 😊
Cheers!

Duncan @ WeatherWizz
www.weatherwizz.com