Author Topic: New Project for Davis Station using Meteobridge & Netatmo  (Read 5786 times)

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
Re: New Project for Davis Station using Meteobridge & Netatmo
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2022, 11:22:07 AM »
Thanks!

I've got it working now.

What is the minimum update time? I noticed that the wind speed barely changes, so it's not updating very fast.

Offline Mapantz

• Forecaster
    • Wareham Weather
Re: New Project for Davis Station using Meteobridge & Netatmo
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2022, 06:20:08 PM »
No graph data, or data in any of the reports.

Unable to change 'Station connection type' it is showing meteobridge.

Offline DaveD44

Enlarging weatherwizz display characters
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2022, 04:57:23 PM »
I'm not sure whether this is the best place to ask this question, but I can find no direct support site for Weatherwizz. (Please point me to your support site if you have one.) I have an old Texas Weather Instruments (TWI) wired weather station, now 29 years old, that has finally bit the dust. The console is located behind glass in my entertainment center and is 12 feet from the viewer. I have a Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station that I installed about 10 years ago; it is, of course, a lot more robust than the TWI, uploading to WU since installation. I am running Cumulus MX, latest build, updating every couple seconds, and I display the various gauges and charts on my local desktop. But I have kept the TWI running because it reports instantaneously in real-time and has a nice display with large green LED numbers, plus a nice large wind rose. That TWI instantaneous display is important mostly for the wind speed and direction, but outside temp, dew point, and several other sensors are also important.

I would like to replace the TWI in the entertainment center with an old 10.1 inch Android tablet and this afternoon configured weatherwizz to see how it looks 12 feet away. The answer is that it is beautiful in retro green with a dark background, but the display characters, especially on row 2, are too small. The invitation to "Upgrade and unlock more sensors" is also not very pretty, but we can fix that. This display is about the same size as that of the TWI. What I would like to see is a weatherwizz theme that would reformat the sensor displays where the sensor name would be placed to the side of the display value, allowing the display numeric value size to be enlarged to the vertical limits of the sensor display box. Also, it would be nice, but not necessary, to also have a larger wind rose with the wind speed placed in the center, as with the TWI and Davis consoles.

Were you to tell me that you would make this happen, I would happily load the weatherwizz display with all of the sensor displays I could use!

Thank you for your time.
Davis Vantage Pro2 (Wireless) CumulusMX

anything