Author Topic: Radio Interference Issue  (Read 2920 times)

Offline ke9lz

• De Pere - Athelstane Weather
  • Contributor
    • De Pere Weather
Re: Radio Interference Issue
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2021, 10:27:48 AM »
Hi Stan,  I also have problems with noise being generated from my Red system but mostly see it on 75 meters where I operate.  My Blue system which was at my home tore up most of 40 meters and segments of 75 meters.  I tried everything from ferrites to grounding to shielded cables to power supplies and was never able to get rid of it.  I did find that if I used freeze spray on both the Red and the Blue boards that I could move the interference up and down the band which told me that it is being generated internally within the systems.  At this point I gave up and took my Blue system and set it up in the arrowhead of Minnesota at a friends cabin where it plays nicely away from my ham radio gear at home and the Red is at my cabin in northern Wisconsin where I don't operate my ham gear very often.  I to would like to someday figure out a way to get rid of it.

Steve (KE9LZ)
Steve (KE9LZ)
Athelstane Weather
Blitzortung 1177, 1565

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2021, 11:00:08 AM »
Hopefully some of you can get these issues back to the developers of this system so they can take a look at what is causing the noise... Poor design or components...

Offline W0BTU

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2021, 09:43:21 AM »
Very good, Stan. What kind of cable is between your controller and the H-field amplifier?

I think I used SFTP. The cable came with the connectors factory attached.
Stations: 1977, 2294

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
    • Up Country Maui Weather
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2021, 01:34:57 PM »
Hi Stan,  I also have problems with noise being generated from my Red system but mostly see it on 75 meters where I operate.  My Blue system which was at my home tore up most of 40 meters and segments of 75 meters.  I tried everything from ferrites to grounding to shielded cables to power supplies and was never able to get rid of it.  I did find that if I used freeze spray on both the Red and the Blue boards that I could move the interference up and down the band which told me that it is being generated internally within the systems.  At this point I gave up and took my Blue system and set it up in the arrowhead of Minnesota at a friends cabin where it plays nicely away from my ham radio gear at home and the Red is at my cabin in northern Wisconsin where I don't operate my ham gear very often.  I to would like to someday figure out a way to get rid of it.

Steve (KE9LZ)

Hi Steve,

Right now I just unplug my BT system when going on 40 meters.  Plug it back in when I am done.  For now it will be my SOP, until I can find the time to see if there can be some kind of by-pass filter or cap to reduce more RF coming from my BT system

Thanks for your input.

BTW, went to college in Menomonie at Stout.

Aloha,

--Stan Y.
   KH6HHG
   Maui, Hawaii

« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 01:55:08 PM by Silversword »
Stan Y. - KH6HHG - Maui, Hawaii
 --- Blitzortung ID: 993
 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-PHOG1

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro
Dell Optiplex GX280-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ Wireless
Webcam: Axis 211

Offline Silversword

• --Stan Y.
  • Forecaster
    • Up Country Maui Weather
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2021, 01:54:35 PM »
Very good, Stan. What kind of cable is between your controller and the H-field amplifier?

I think I used SFTP. The cable came with the connectors factory attached.

Hi,

Yes, I have the same kind of shielded cable between the controller and the H-field amplifier.

I have not been able to take a look the H-field antenna system up on the roof yet as it has been kinda rainy over here in the past few weeks. When I do plan to put some ferrite beads on some of those inputs to the amp and one more on that side of the cable going to the controller.

Thanks for your input..

Aloha,

--Stan Y.
   KH6HHG.
   Maui, Hawaii

Stan Y. - KH6HHG - Maui, Hawaii
 --- Blitzortung ID: 993
 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-PHOG1

WDL 6.05
MS Windows 7 Pro
Dell Optiplex GX280-Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 4 GB RAM
Davis Vantage Pro 2+ Wireless