Author Topic: Wanted Texas Weather Instruments WR 25 console  (Read 423 times)

Offline radioman1075

• Forecaster/Radio Engineer
Wanted Texas Weather Instruments WR 25 console
« on: February 05, 2021, 06:29:51 AM »
Looking for in good working condition a TWI WR 25 display console. Looking to see if someone might have one without the sensors but with the indoor probe and such. Would need to be a 1998 model or newer that has the phone jack/ethernet style connections. The older ones that had molex plugs won't work for my needs.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Wanted Texas Weather Instruments WR 25 console
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 09:11:42 AM »
I'm glad you are keeping these units running.  They are nice.

What type of wind sensor package do you have? There are three entirely different firmware and board modifications, only done at the factory/service center (which as you know is out of business) to convert one type to another.

If  you get a TWI set for an RMYoung wind head and you have a TWI sensor, it won't work.

Did your console get damaged?  Is it partially usable?  You can swap one of the three boards out, if you knew where the problem existed, and keep what you already have.  Some units may be available for that type of swap,but would take knowledge on opening up the console, undoing the board stack and reassembling.

Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline radioman1075

• Forecaster/Radio Engineer
Re: Wanted Texas Weather Instruments WR 25 console
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 07:11:23 PM »
I am looking for one to make a new build. If someone has a unit without the sensors.