Author Topic: Teamviewer  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Teamviewer
« on: January 10, 2021, 03:43:48 PM »
Getting kicked off Fakebook is so easy these days. I got kicked off Teamviewer free. They are in the process of getting rid of dead accounts and abusers. They said I was using it in a commercial manner. I use it to help 4 friends and remote the weather computer the last I was home for a memorial. I don't even get paid except for an occasional gift cert or cookies. I tried the online chat and phone system to plead my case. As soon as you select the prompt for free user you are told to go to their website and then hung up on. I found their form to get untagged and filled it out and submitted it last Nov. Took a couple of phone calls (selecting paid user - yeah I lied) and submitting the form again because they had no record of my first one and I finally am out of Teamviewer jail. It's a great remote control program.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 03:47:37 PM by Garth Bock »

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
Re: Teamviewer
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2021, 03:57:37 PM »
i had to do it with my own computers. Did the PDF and pleaded for forgiveness.

It is still the best I have seen.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 04:08:08 PM »
I tried and tried to get reinstated.  Did the PDF  assertation thing and all.  No go. The STOOPID thing is that my connection was limited to one computer in the kitchen that my wife uses.  Most of the time I would connect from inside my house!

I finally gave up on TV and went to Anydesk.  MUCH better experience.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 04:13:20 PM »
Yep, same story for me.... Can't even control my weather computer that sits 10 feet away from me.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 05:01:21 PM »
Had the same experience with TeamViewer a couple of years ago when they booted me. I sent an email asking why they thought I was commercial and got no response. I moved to AnyDesk and have never looked back. Much better and faster product than TeamViewer.

Steve

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 05:18:05 PM »
It's a bit pricey, but I use a 3-server license for RealVNC for my remote access (it also has apps for iPad/iPhone/Android).  I use TeamViewer very seldom, and only to help someone with debugging a specific issue (and that's about 3 times a year).
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline TraderGary

• Stock Market Wizard
  • Forecaster
  • Amateur Radio W9VJ
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2021, 05:53:53 PM »
I stopped using TeamViewer and changed to AnyDesk.
I use AnyDesk for support on family and friend computers.
Free for noncommercial use and highly recommended.
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus 6163 (Wireless) | Davis WeatherLink Live 6100 | Meteobridge Pro
WeatherLink | WundergroundCWOPAWEKASWindy

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2021, 06:48:21 PM »
To quickly help out another option is Quick Assist which is built into Windows 10. It lacks some features like file transfer and unassisted remote, but it is nice to not have to walk someone through installing something else. I usually then use the Quck Assist to install TeamViewer or Any Desk myself on their computer. For greater control and less hastle I set VPN and then use Windows RDP (if they have Windows 10 Pro).
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2021, 06:59:37 PM »
To quickly help out another option is Quick Assist which is built into Windows 10. It lacks some features like file transfer and unassisted remote, but it is nice to not have to walk someone through installing something else. I usually then use the Quck Assist to install TeamViewer or Any Desk myself on their computer. For greater control and less hastle I set VPN and then use Windows RDP (if they have Windows 10 Pro).
Don't you have to open a port in their router (maybe that was for Chrome remote) ? If I have to have someone install Teamviewer I send them to www.ninite.com to check one box and download and install Teamviewer. Much easier and quicker.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2021, 07:02:49 PM »
I checked my email again and Teamviewer apologized for the delay. If you submit the form again you should have a response in 48 hours.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 07:46:07 PM »
Don't you have to open a port in their router (maybe that was for Chrome remote) ? If I have to have someone install Teamviewer I send them to www.ninite.com to check one box and download and install Teamviewer. Much easier and quicker.

Nope, no port opening required for Windows 10 Quick Assist. Works on Windows 10 Home and Pro.
Tele-Pole

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 09:40:20 PM »
I checked my email again and Teamviewer apologized for the delay. If you submit the form again you should have a response in 48 hours.
BTDT.  No joy. And done like dinner with Teamviewer.  Silly thing is that when a client asks, I steer them to something else.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2021, 09:44:05 PM »

Nope, no port opening required for Windows 10 Quick Assist. Works on Windows 10 Home and Pro.
Too bad it is only Win 10.  Anydesk works on  more flavours of Windows, and Linux, too!

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2021, 10:01:54 PM »

Too bad it is only Win 10.  Anydesk works on  more flavours of Windows, and Linux, too!

Well if you aren't running Windows 10, then you get no support from me is what I tell friends and family. As for Linux you should check out NoMachine which is actually cross-platform.
Tele-Pole

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2021, 12:03:39 AM »
I work on any Windows platform as well as repair any printer, and a wide range of electronics.. One nice thing about Teamviewer is the Android and Apple app. I have in a pinch remoted from my phone and tablet. Oh I got a follow-up email saying that if I still have problems to log in on their website on my control panel and delete any uncontacted clients. Then click on the reset button  on the bottom of the page. You still have to fill out the request form if you are blocked.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2021, 09:53:07 AM »
I work on any Windows platform as well as repair any printer, and a wide range of electronics.. One nice thing about Teamviewer is the Android and Apple app. I have in a pinch remoted from my phone and tablet. Oh I got a follow-up email saying that if I still have problems to log in on their website on my control panel and delete any uncontacted clients. Then click on the reset button  on the bottom of the page. You still have to fill out the request form if you are blocked.
My problem with TV is that despite repeated contacts, including phoning, was they never followed up.  So I gave up.  Anydesk for me.  And I don't have to force people to upgrade to Win 10.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2021, 10:22:15 AM »

Well if you aren't running Windows 10, then you get no support from me is what I tell friends and family. As for Linux you should check out NoMachine which is actually cross-platform.

Not familiar with NoMachine - but it looks like it gets spendy if you need all the variants.  And AnyDesk has an Android/IOS client too.  For RPi, and my other IOT devices I use  remote.it

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2021, 01:05:33 PM »
Well I hadn't heard of remote.it, glad to to be able to trade resources.  [tup]

Tele-Pole

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2021, 02:05:19 PM »
Well I hadn't heard of remote.it, glad to to be able to trade resources.  [tup]
I was one of the beta testers for remote.it  I have a couple of clients who use it in an industrial setting; they like it a lot.  Good security and lightweight.

anything