Author Topic: Wunderground help_ I used to extract daily weather data but can no longer do so.  (Read 902 times)

Offline Deten

Hi Folks,

I have for years been using a simple method to acquire daily weather data by downloading to CSV.

I have an excel file where I paste in the "weather station" ID then it would generate a webpage for each day of the past year.  Then I would paste that into a downloading tool that would grab the data and save them as a CSV.

Now that the "WXDailyHistory.asp" doesnt work I am trying to find what other options I have.

Thanks

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
That old method doesn't work. You now need to generate your API key in your WU account. Then you need to use the data API method with supporting software.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
See https://github.com/ktrue/WU-History to get WXDailyHistory.php file which, when configured with your station ID and new TWC/WU API key, will give you CSV files on request from the WU API.

Note:  this is a PHP script and needs to run on a webserver.  If you have a personal weather website, it will work there.  If not, you will need to install a local webserver+PHP ... You can do that using an all-in-one package like XAMPP (https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html ) which will install Apache/PHP (and more) to create a 'localhost' webserver you can run PHP scripts on.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:42:57 PM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Deten

Then you need to use the data API method with supporting software.

Can you point me to software that can get me what I am trying to get?  Thanks!

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Umm.. see my post above.
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

anything