Author Topic: Nexstorm questions  (Read 1907 times)

Offline larryf1

Nexstorm questions
« on: July 25, 2020, 08:47:33 AM »
I just purchased a used LD350 and I am considering buying Nexstorm with a vector map. I see a lot of comments here about other software, and was wondering why some prefer it over Nexstorm. If I wish to be a part of Strikestar it seems I have to use Nexstorm as the lite version will not work.

Also, I have many questions and would like to join the Astrogenic forum but it appears they are not monitoring new member requests. I tried emailing info@astrogenic.com and admin@astrogenic.com but no replys after a week. You can't even read the forum without being a member, and trying to register twice resulted in some error message that I cannot join now. If anyone is a member there and can let the admins know there is an issue, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Larry

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: Nexstorm questions
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2020, 07:22:00 PM »
Larry,
I am not connected with the company at all, so I cannot comment with authority, but would like to give my endorsement to that group and company with positive experiences.

I didn't know that you couldn't read the forum casually, but I guess there must have been a reason to do so, perhaps to limit the traffic at a time when internet wasn't as cheap as it is now.  Dunno.

Relko has been responsive to requests I've made.  I know that there is a new service/product brewing and perhaps he's tied up with that for the moment, or perhaps had some situation beyond work that had made it hard for a timely response.

I would persist, and hope that you are able to get on board.  I haven't powered up the Boltek in a couple years, what with an antenna problem and lack of time to get to it, but the software has never been a problem for me.  I'm not sure how the magic works, but has been consistent.

Let us know how it works out.  I think it will be worth your persistence. 
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline krekel

• Weerstation Assen
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 08:28:32 AM »
I just purchased a used LD350 and I am considering buying Nexstorm with a vector map. I see a lot of comments here about other software, and was wondering why some prefer it over Nexstorm. If I wish to be a part of Strikestar it seems I have to use Nexstorm as the lite version will not work.

Also, I have many questions and would like to join the Astrogenic forum but it appears they are not monitoring new member requests. I tried emailing info@astrogenic.com and admin@astrogenic.com but no replys after a week. You can't even read the forum without being a member, and trying to register twice resulted in some error message that I cannot join now. If anyone is a member there and can let the admins know there is an issue, I would appreciate the help.

Thanks,
Larry

Hi Larry,

Have you already managed to register with Astrogenic?
If not, very strange because I am one of the moderators and I keep an eye on the requests every day.
We keep an eye on the fake mail addresses. Do you possibly have a special email address?
I advise you to try again.

Brgds,
Oebel

Offline larryf1

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 10:02:17 AM »
Thanks for looking into this, I still can't get in...  I sent you my email address and username via PM.

I tried registering on the 18th and 22nd, and sent emails to admin@astrogenic.com on July 23.

Larry
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:03:57 AM by larryf1 »