Author Topic: Meteorain Compact 200 - testing phase  (Read 4616 times)

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
Meteorain Compact 200 - testing phase
« on: June 02, 2020, 05:24:52 AM »
I'm happy to inform that we have started the initial test phase of the new Barani Meteorain Compact 200 rain gauge, the first Barani rain gauge completely designed and realized by Barani

more information at this link
https://www.baranidesign.com/meteorain-iot-compact

The Meteorain tested in this phase is the cabled version, connected to a Meteohelix Pro, for the comparison will be used a Delta-ohm professional tipping bucket rain gauge and Davis Vantage pro rain gauge

Mauro
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 12:52:30 PM by mauro63 »

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
Re: Meteorain Compact 200 - testing phase
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2020, 03:23:58 AM »
A good raining day today, not high rain-rate level but continuously from tonight with some lightning

Partial result:
Davis vp2 - 10,6 mm
Ecowitt wh40 - 11,0 mm
Meteorain Barani - 10,8 mm
Deltaohm - 10,8 mm

Mauro

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2020, 05:05:29 PM »
I can communicate that the definitive version of Meteorain will be ready soon!
there was some improvements from his first release, tomorrow I think I will publish some images and, during the next weekend proceed to mount for field tests

Mauro

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 09:05:27 AM »
As I promised, some first images of the probably final version of MeteoRain Compact 200  ;)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Mauro

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2020, 05:15:31 AM »
I know, I know....damn ugly  :sad:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

but damn functional  ;)

Mauro

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2020, 06:40:27 AM »
I've just ordered one. Could you explain to me how the cable from the MeteoHelix connects to the rain gauge?

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »
I've just ordered one. Could you explain to me how the cable from the MeteoHelix connects to the rain gauge?

Hi Daniel, the connection is very easy
the Meteohelix cable has two conductors, below the Meteorain cone you will find a couple of screws where you have to fix the cable, there's a hole on the Meteorain base to pass through the cable
Meteorain use a reed switch so is not important the polarity

that's all, but I'm at your disposal for any further information

If you don't know, is ready the bird spikes system for Meteorain  ;)

Mauro

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2020, 08:23:03 AM »
Do you know if the sigfox version will be able to connect to the MeteoHelix wireless. So all the data will be in one place rather having two stations set up on allmeteo
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 08:24:39 AM by Daniel785 »

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2020, 09:12:10 AM »
Do you know if the sigfox version will be able to connect to the MeteoHelix wireless. So all the data will be in one place rather having two stations set up on allmeteo

Of course  ;)
With the new dashboard version, that I think will be ready in about two months, you will have all data on the same page
but, for clarity, the Meteorain will NOT send data to Meteohelix but directly to Sigfox, so you will have all data on the same page but with two different Sigfox subscription
this due to data limitations

Mauro

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2020, 09:04:59 AM »
Hi. From what I'm aware of the meteorain IoT doesn't have rain rate is that correct?

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2020, 09:15:07 AM »
Hi. From what I'm aware of the meteorain IoT doesn't have rain rate is that correct?

not now, in the new firmware, that I think will be ready in a month or so, you will have rain rate  ;)

Mauro

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2020, 09:34:46 AM »
Will it update automatically? Also I understand it will update every 10 mins is that correct? If so do you know what intervals the rain rate will be taken in?

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2020, 09:42:00 AM »
Will it update automatically? Also I understand it will update every 10 mins is that correct? If so do you know what intervals the rain rate will be taken in?

the update is instantaneous, every single bucket event, and also the rain rate data, only the data transmission is every ten minutes, and you will have the maximum rain rate during the past ten minutes

Mauro

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2020, 09:47:38 AM »
Thank you! Do you have any updates regarding them being shipped as there was a delay. I was told end of August is that the case still?

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2020, 04:27:14 PM »
Thank you! Do you have any updates regarding them being shipped as there was a delay. I was told end of August is that the case still?

from my information, no particular delay, but send an email  to them about this point  ;)

Mauro

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 12:13:31 PM »
Hi have you got any news regarding the MeteoRain® 400?

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2020, 10:37:30 AM »

Hi Daniel,
actually the company is very busy on the testing phase of the Meteorain Compact 200, that will be available soon in IoT version
I cannot give you now the probable date for Meteorain 400, but, in my opinion, the top version will have reduced preliminary stages,  due to the fact that many components and solutions will be the same.

Mauro

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 09:58:15 AM »

Hi Daniel,
actually the company is very busy on the testing phase of the Meteorain Compact 200, that will be available soon in IoT version
I cannot give you now the probable date for Meteorain 400, but, in my opinion, the top version will have reduced preliminary stages,  due to the fact that many components and solutions will be the same.

Mauro
HI Mauro are you testing both the meteorain IoT and the meteorain compact?

Offline mauro63

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2020, 04:31:00 PM »

Hi Daniel,

Mauro
HI Mauro are you testing both the meteorain IoT and the meteorain compact?

No Daniel,
I've not still received the new IoT version of Meteorain, but I think we are close

I've two Meteorain on test, one is connected to Meteohelix Pro, the other is connected to a digital pulse counter

Mauro

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2020, 08:39:04 AM »
Hi Mauro have you got anymore updates regarding the Meteorain IoT. Looking at the Italian forum it seems to be reading a fair bit higher than the wired meteorain what's the reason behind this?

Offline raffaello.dimartino

• Raffaello - IZ0QWM
    • a Kind of Weather Observing Station
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2020, 05:39:02 AM »
I think the problem may only be how tips are counted.
The rain gauges are exactly the same wired and sigfox / lora.
I have the sigfox version installed in my office and will soon be joined by a rain gauge from another brand.
If you look at the allMeteo portal to count the mm of rain, there may still be some problems.

I count the mm on my own and reset them at midnight.
http://www.kwos.org/roma_meteohelix/indexDesktop.php

Not having, at the moment, comparison rain gauges, I compare the data with a weather station not far away, and I don't notice particular problems.

At my home I have a MeteoRain Compact connected to the netatmo module which I compare with other rain gauges.

Offline Julius

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 05:43:48 AM »
At my home I have a MeteoRain Compact connected to the netatmo module which I compare with other rain gauges.
What do you mean by "connected to the netatmo module" ? netatmo doesn't allow off-brand devices to connect to anything they produce as far as I know..

Offline raffaello.dimartino

• Raffaello - IZ0QWM
    • a Kind of Weather Observing Station
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 06:20:29 AM »
What do you mean by "connected to the netatmo module" ? netatmo doesn't allow off-brand devices to connect to anything they produce as far as I know..

What I mean is that the Netatmo rain gauge was not working, so I used the transmitter module to connect it to another rain gauge which is the MeteoRain Compact.

http://tiny.cc/kwos_raincompact

Offline Daniel785

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2020, 08:31:41 AM »
Hi is Anyoune able to help me set up the wired meteorain. Does the wire completely go through p1?

anything