Poll

Does anybody find the NOAA weather radio voice oddly soothing?

Yes
4 (50%)
No
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: NOAA weather radio voice  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Henry Leonard

NOAA weather radio voice
« on: March 26, 2020, 10:14:30 AM »
For some reason, I find the voice of the NOAA weather radio oddly soothing. So soothing, in fact, that I listen to it as I fall asleep. Does any body else feel this way? Let me know by completing the poll!
Midland ER 210

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
Re: NOAA weather radio voice
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 11:27:09 AM »
Maybe you are one of those people who's brains are wired so that they find women whispering and clicking their fingernails on glass bottles somehow relaxing?

I don't recall the acronym for it, but when I heard about this thing and people actually making money off utube and other places, I looked one up.

To me, it was exactly the opposite, like plastic scratching across hard surfaces or styrofoam sheets squeaking while being hauled down the road.

I would have thought they would have done a better job with the voice phrases.  Wasn't this major tune up done maybe 5-7 years ago with much ballyhoo about the improvement?
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline Jasiu

• Forecaster
    • LexMAWeather
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:36:47 PM »
Autonomous sensory meridian response - ASMR.

I'm one of the people who gets it but my "triggers" are elusive. Doesn't work via YouTube for me.

It's a nice natural high when it happens.
https://lexmaweather.info
On Mastodon: @LexMAWeather@toot.community

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »
I can't imagine trying to sleep without a fan for white noise, I've used one for many years. I hate complete silence, just makes the ringing in my left ear that much more noticeable.

anything