Author Topic: Email from AWEKAS  (Read 10674 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Email from AWEKAS
« on: December 24, 2016, 09:56:34 AM »
I got an email (in German, which I don't understand) that says I need to pay for a subscription.

Here is the Google translation:

Dear Stationsweb customer!

We would like to inform you with this mail that your AWEKAS Stationsweb annual subscription expires on 10.1.2017.

We hope that you are satisfied with your Stationsweb and that we could meet all your expectations.

On this occasion, we would like to remind you that your Stationsweb annual subscription is not automatically renewed. If you want to continue using the AWEKAS Stationsweb, you can now extend your subscription. The extension is then automatically made after your current expiration date.

NEW: AWEKAS Stationsweb is now also available as a 2- and 3-year subscription. If you purchase 2 years, you get 10%, with 3 years 20% discount. Simply choose the amount of years you want to book the AWEKA Stationsweb in the shop and take advantage of the discount! Here you can go directly to the shop: http://www.awekas.at/wp/produkt/awekas-stationsweb-jahresabo/

As a small thank you and Christmas present, we will offer you three weeks free of charge for each order until 31.12.2016!

Best regards,
AWEKAS GmbH

Daniela Gattringer - Sales
Automatic Weathering System

OK, I send them my data and they expect me to pay them? I don't think so. I don't remember paying for this previously, especially to the tune of 35 to 50 Euros...

I think I will remove AWEKAS from my website and stop uploading...

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
Re: Email from AWEKAS
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 03:35:03 PM »
That's new as it use to be free. They really have gotten to point they are going to lose  US  data. I quit sending after one of their bright boys  kept saying my data was bad. Guess he knew more about my area I did.

John 

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 03:48:48 PM »
Ridiculous..... Im so glad I abandoned that network year ago because they pissed me off with a different thing

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 03:52:14 PM »
What is this then?!

http://www.awekas.at/en/donate.php

Does that mean they expect you to pay annual fee and if you feel like it is too cheap you can send them something extra?!

This is a joke:
http://stationsweb.awekas.at/index.php?id=2&lng=en

Look at it... it is very basic, which is ok, but paying for this? And funniest thing is that if you scroll right to the bottom, they didnt even design this, it is all based on a free template from CSS3templates.... like 5 minutes of work to do this...
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 03:59:07 PM by Jáchym »

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 02:43:15 PM »
Well, they stopped access to "Stationsweb" and replaced it with an "activation" screen. I promptly removed the link from my flyout menu and removed AWEKAS from my MB Pro uploads. I will not send them any more data.

Greg H.

Offline ggsteve

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »
Strange.  I don't check AWEAKAS more than once a week but I haven't been hit up for a subscription.... yet.  I guess I'll use it until they ask for money and then stop too.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
Strange.  I don't check AWEAKAS more than once a week but I haven't been hit up for a subscription.... yet.  I guess I'll use it until they ask for money and then stop too.

It seems that the regular AWEKAS screen like you have the link to still works, but the "stationsweb" is what they want to charge for.
One less FTP task for my poor little MB Pro is OK by me. I didn't get much out of having it go there anyways...
They are now sending emails complaining that I am not sending data. I didn't see an option to "quit" in my AWEKAS login page.

Greg H.

anything