Author Topic: Website Address Updated  (Read 6085 times)

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
Website Address Updated
« on: October 12, 2008, 08:58:35 PM »
Joe,

I just updated my information and new web address at pwsweather.com.  Now that information will eventually make it's way to both Hamweather and Weatherforyou maps and links without my doing anything further, correct?

(I never had the Anything Weather box checked as they already had my CW3403 data from CWOP when I signed up with Hamweather. Still waiting word back from Russ @ NOAA to get that web address updated.)
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
Re: Website Address Updated
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 12:44:35 AM »
I just updated my information and new web address at pwsweather.com.  Now that information will eventually make it's way to both Hamweather and Weatherforyou maps and links without my doing anything further, correct?
Yup.  :)
Joe Torsitano

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:53:43 AM »
Great!   8-)

Thanks Joe.  I wish all the other changes I've been making went that quickly and easily.   ;)
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 07:37:33 AM »
Joe,

(I never had the Anything Weather box checked as they already had my CW3403 data from CWOP when I signed up with Hamweather. Still waiting word back from Russ @ NOAA to get that web address updated.)

Does Ham Weather get any data from pwsweather.com or is it a direct upload only?
Just curious on that note! I have never been able to locate my data at HamWeather . Only one that comes us is the
Official Metar station at the airport.

I may have missed the boat on this one when I initially began submitting data.

Thanks!

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 11:15:55 AM »
Does Ham Weather get any data from pwsweather.com or is it a direct upload only?

pwsweather & hamweather are seperate, but one in the same (so to speak). So yes, when you send to pwsweather, it is getting to hamweather.

Joe can fill you in on all the finer details if he wishes.  ;)

Bob

www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline weatherforyou

• Forecaster
  • My weather is on WeatherForYou.com. Is yours?
    • http://www.weatherforyou.com
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 04:25:12 PM »
Just curious on that note! I have never been able to locate my data at HamWeather . Only one that comes us is the
Official Metar station at the airport.

The HAMweather sites demonstrate the standard capabilities of the HAMweather scripts which can be used to display weather information in a way that matches the look of the host site. Since including personal weather station data is an optional feature, only data from METAR stations is displayed on the HAMweather sites.

If you install HAMweather on your site you can display data from your personal weather station and those of others (with their permission).
Joe Torsitano

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2008, 07:46:50 PM »
[quote author=weatherforyou link=topic=2320.msg16458#msg16458 date=1223929512

The HAMweather sites demonstrate the standard capabilities of the HAMweather scripts which can be used to display weather information in a way that matches the look of the host site. Since including personal weather station data is an optional feature, only data from METAR stations is displayed on the HAMweather sites.

If you install HAMweather on your site you can display data from your personal weather station and those of others (with their permission).[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification !!
I knew there was a link there but never was actually sure how it worked.
I have been considering(very heavily) installing the HAM Weather basic video script on my site when I do the next incremental update.
So if I do that I should be able to add quite a bit of functionality and  data to the site..in addition to that delivered by Weather  For You!

Thanks !!

Wayne
www.smythweather.net
CW8217

[/quote]

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything