Author Topic: Motorhome PWS (of sorts)  (Read 1615 times)

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
Motorhome PWS (of sorts)
« on: August 26, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
We just got back from our 6-week north american tour.  Thanks to all of you, I'm a WX junkie now, and had to find a way to keep track of things while on the road.

I purchased an Oregon RMR203HGA (aka WMR300) at the nearest everything store.

It has (nearly) everything I needed, including a large display, backlight, and records hi/lo for temp/humidity.  The only short-sight is that you need to purchase a different sensor to get outdoor humidity.  I may purchase one, and move the stock (temp only) remote sensor to the rear of the RV, so I can tell how the A/C is performing.  On this trip, I had to rely on asking the kids, who always wanted it colder.

I attached the console in the cab with Velcro, and moved it to the eating-table when parked.

The attached photo shows the sensor location better than I can describe it.  Secured by Velcro, just above the rain gutter and in front of the forward coach wall.  It never quit or let go through temps ranging 38F-111F and a couple of big rains while driving.  If parked with the sensor on the sunny side, or in a paved parking lot for more than a few minutes, the temp would climb, but it was otherwise aspirated nicely and the temps were in-line with my comparisons to nearby WU stations when I checked later.  It seems to have worked out well.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.