Author Topic: Data not reset at 0 Hour  (Read 4055 times)

Offline basenji9

Data not reset at 0 Hour
« on: January 01, 2008, 09:49:52 AM »
For some reason my WD data did not reset at 0 hour this morning. It had been doing it every 12:00 AM EST since I got it. To boot, the monthly rainfall totals and highs from Dec. are now showing as Jan. dates.For example rainfall from Dec 23 now showing under Jan 23 in detailed rainfall screen. Yesterdays highs still all showing as todays highs with yesterdays time of occurance.   :? Any idea how to correct this problem? I have gone over settings on WD and VP2 and all seem to be set to clear at 0 hour, end of month and end of year. Is this a New Year glitch or something?
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

Offline basenji9

Re: Data not reset at 0 Hour
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:29:06 AM »
Is there any way to reset WD to clear all info and start new? Only had Davis VP2 hooked up to it a few days and it looks like the best thing I can do is start over with this major snaffu I am experiencing above. It almost looks like WD did not register midnight and carried over all info from Dec when I look at chart hours near midnight look messed up . Looks like it went from 23:00 to 3:00 or something.
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

Offline windy

• Grahams Beach Weather
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:57:37 AM »
strange
this is the only report I have of this problem

was WD running at the midnight change over?

any errors under view, program error log?

you can set the correct and needed rain totals under control panel, barometer offset and rainfall setup

and then also the year to date all time records, via action,reset selected all time records

Offline basenji9

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 12:51:59 PM »
Thanks Windy, I was able to reset all totals and start fresh. Still not sure what happened but I see timeline at bottom of WD graph shows time "skip" for lack of a better term leading up to midnight and into this morning. Displayed graph hours show: 21, 22, 203, 04, 05, 06 etc., up to current time. Obviously something went wrong between 22:00 and 03:00 with a display of "203" when 23:00 should have occured and nothing else until 04:00.Is this time taken from computer or Davis VP2? I did not see this problem during the several weeks I had  a Lacrosse station hooked up. Could this have something to do with dreaded WeatherLink usb connection I have heard about? I have serial/usb adapter connection. By the way, I was logged on and computer still on this morning which was how I left it when I went to bed last night.
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

Offline windy

• Grahams Beach Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 03:33:20 PM »
was there any errors under view, program error log, or in the file, programerrorlog.txt
and the PC was not in sleep mode or similar?

Offline basenji9

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 08:05:09 PM »
No errors in error log so it must be my computer. I guess it was sleep mode issue as you stated windy. I turned off sleep mode and will see if this eliminates problem. Thanks for your help.
Carl H - Pitman, NJ
Davis Vantage Pro2

anything