Author Topic: Now What?  (Read 1674 times)

Offline ATL_WX

Now What?
« on: April 16, 2011, 05:05:46 PM »
Sorry if this should be in a different thread, but since I own a LaC I figured i'd start here...
moderator, feel free to move.

Here's where I am, 3ish weeks into my new illness, uh I mean hobby -

*  Buy a Wx Station  CHECK
*  Install same  CHECK
*  Upgrade to a Better one  CHECK
    (Double points for doing it in only 1 week)
*  Get the thing uploading a good feed to WU  CHECK
*  Install a webcam  CHECK
*  Go through a severe thunderstorm (twice) and moderate hail, and tornado warning CHECK

I would like to have some recommendations for my Wx Website... I have put a WU gizmo on my personal homepage, but I see products such as VWS, Wx Display, etc out there and wonder what is "best" or most popular, and why.

One of my big dissapointments is how much of the things these programs port to Flash, which sadly isn't viewable on my iPad (please no      i-flames)

But hey, who's doing what and why with porting your data out there for all of us to look at?
KGAMARIE42 - LaCrosse 2317 - WuHu/YawCam - Alkaline Batteries

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Re: Now What?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 02:22:29 AM »
I have both VWS and Weather Display and both are excellent products.. My personal favorite is Weather Display although it has a steeper learning curve I feel it has more flexibility and does more. But lots of folks favor the VWS graphics over WD.  Ken has developed great web template sets for both flavors so making a web site in a box ( almost) is much easier now thanks to Ken and all the other super talented script writers on board here.  Both have trial versions. And then there is Cumulus which is free and from what I understand Ken is supporting that with templates as well now. Choices,Choices, Choices  LOL!!!

Good Luck whichever route that you take!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092