Author Topic: 3 Weather Stations Stopped Working  (Read 746 times)

Offline mikemaps

3 Weather Stations Stopped Working
« on: September 26, 2020, 05:53:54 PM »
I have an Atlas, another Acurite station without wind, & an Ambient Projection Clock with indoor & Outdoor temp. Very mysteriously they all stopped receiving data about the same time today (around 8 hours ago). None of them are showing they are receiving transmission. They have all been operating fine on their channels for the past 1 1/2 to 4 years. I tried changing channels to no avail. The Acurite Access was working for hours longer but that quit a few hours ago also. I have added no new electronic equipment lately, does ANYONE have any idea what might be going on?

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
Re: 3 Weather Stations Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 11:19:51 PM »
WIFI? Maybe interference from a neighbors new WIFI router, or is there an Airport or military base in your area that possibly changed frequencies? New Cell tower in the hood?

You can scan the wifi networks for strength. Some of the apps out there will still list some wifi devices as private since they have no SSID being broadcasted but you would still be able to figure out what frequency it is broadcasting on. 

Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar

Offline mikemaps

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 09:15:47 AM »
Ok, this morning I pulled the batteries from the other 2 weather stations & Atlas immediately started working. So it was interference from 1 of the other 2 stations, strange they were working together perfectly for 1 1/2 years & now interference. I’ll put the batteries back in 1 later & change the channel & see what happens.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2020, 02:51:36 PM »
One of the transmitters must be drifting for some reason, maybe it's failing.

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 08:20:40 PM »
Or maybe low power it just stopped transmitting?
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 07:36:10 AM »
More likely that one of them was jabbering on 433 Mhz, jamming the others.  Changing channels on AcuRite stuff won't help, because the A-B-C switch only changes a tag in the RF packets and not the frequency.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol: