Author Topic: Delaying your decision?  (Read 3287 times)

Offline roguk

Re: Delaying your decision?
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2014, 07:18:55 AM »
What may be 'tragic' about this, is, I've got a feeling that many of the kits may be going to 'casual curiosity' folks, and not 'serious' folks... no insult intended to anyone, but many may not realize what they have hold of... and the kits are botched, or even left un-built. I'd hope to be wrong!....there's no simple way to 'qualify' folks, and it would be wrong to do so in many respects... besides, who knows where 'casual curiosity' may lead?... I actually joined and ordered because of curiosity, though it was more than 'casual'... I wanted a challenge, and to be in on the 'ground floor' of something.... and it's exceeded my wildest thought...

I would think that the price point will stop casual curiosity. Hopefully people realise the complexity of the build process.

Anyway, my box of bits has arrived safely today - Thanks Egon, I foresee quite a few busy evenings ahead.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2014, 08:26:24 AM »
The Thumb will be a good location. There is a guy with a Boltek at Sand Point near Caseville that I check every so often, but that doesn't help Blitzortung.

I had to take my wife to clean out her grandparent's house in Caseville.  We stayed in Bad Axe.  Nice area up there (in August).

Turns out he is in Imlay City.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline emulsifide

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2014, 04:50:16 PM »
I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!

I have everything except the STM32 that I forgot to order until now. That should come in the middle of next week from Mouser.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2014, 04:58:29 PM »
I know what I'm doing this weekend!!!

I have everything except the STM32 that I forgot to order until now. That should come in the middle of next week from Mouser.

I can see from your profile that you are in Ferndale. I moved from Livonia back in early April. Between the Imlay City station, mine in Rogers City (I have two: green & red) and your new one in Ferndale we will have much better coverage of the Mitten! Welcome.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline steel_edges

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2014, 07:26:31 PM »
Best of luck with your build!  I've had my system on line for a week or so and it has been quite a learning experience playing with this receiver.  Still working on the final enclosure/mounting configuration, once i get it dialed in I will post a few pictures.

George
Imlay City Michigan 
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 07:28:11 PM by steel_edges »

anything