Author Topic: My just new station says its offline!  (Read 1853 times)

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Contributor
  • Nothing Much
My just new station says its offline!
« on: September 24, 2022, 10:02:31 AM »
Why isn't my station available? I just uploaded it now, and it's showing it's offline and it doesn't even have a page. What do I do?
For context: this isn't my first time uploading to WU, i've tried to upload my station before many times and it doesn't seem to work, I even waited 2 weeks and it still stuck where it was.
Weather Radio Freq: 162.475 MHz
Weather Radio Loc:  Plainwell, MI
Transmitter Call Sign: WWF34
Streaming Status: NN

Offline Frannor

Re: My just new station says its offline!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 04:00:29 PM »
Hi.
My station is at the same thing I have tried everything  and still no success I  deleted everything and created a new id and reset my station a few weeks ago.Weather cloucd is working perfect every time.

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 12:10:19 PM »
Same here.  Was working but stopped about a week ago.  "Offline" will not go away no matter what I do.  I use WU to input my tempest data to Blue Iris Tools for an overlay to my IP camera.  It's very annoying to see a constant 81.5° on my camera image when it's actually 55°.  I sure wish there was another way to input to BIT rather than WU!

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Contributor
  • Nothing Much
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 12:35:52 PM »
Does anyone have an answer?

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2022, 12:48:56 PM »
Are any of you using either of the last two Windows 11 Insider builds (22622.601 loaded about a week ago or 22623.730 loaded this morning)?  The 22622.601 build was loaded about the same time that I lost my WU PWS page.  My Tempest station is definitely online but shows up in WU "DEVICES" as offline.

Offline weatherhound

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2022, 12:50:22 PM »
My station which I have had up for about 10 years suddenly went off-line a few weeks ago. Back in the days when I set WU account up, I was able to name my own password and used it all that time. When I tried using the WU "key" under "my Devices" as the password, the station was up and running.

Evidently, WU requires the "key" as pw now only. Does that help with your problem?

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2022, 12:58:45 PM »
Thanks!  I just changed my WU password to my WU Key and I'm still Offline but I'll wait an hour or so to see if it changes and get back to you.

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Contributor
  • Nothing Much
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2022, 01:57:35 PM »
I'm using windows 10

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2022, 02:08:57 PM »
Didn't really think it was an OS problem.

Well, it's been an hour and there is no change to the Offline problem.  I have 2 stations (Tempest and Davis VantageVue) and each has its own Key.  For my new password I used the station (Tempest) that reports to my BIT addon to BI software.  Others have 2 or more stations so I wonder how they handle the new WU requirement?

Offline weatherhound

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2022, 02:15:05 PM »
My station connected immediately when I used the key. Sorry that didn’t work for you. Also make sure to use upper or lower case as needed.

Offline only2goats

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2022, 02:40:40 PM »
This may be a clue to the problem: https://support.weather.com/s/?type=wu&language=en_US

Note the announcement "Acurite weather stations not up loading"

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2022, 03:26:44 PM »
Neither of my stations are AcuRite although the same might be true about WeatherFlow and Davis too?  Giving up for now after just cleaning the cache on Windows 11 Pro and restarting the OS.  Didn't solve the problem.  This is a very frustrating development as I will have to remove weather data from my IP camera.  I wrote to WU about the problem a few days ago but... no reply!

Thanks for all the chat on this.

Offline lloydnsher

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2022, 08:47:51 AM »
My acurite station went offline about ten or twelve days ago also. went through the entire setup several times. got new wu id's and still nothing but OFFLINE. I emailed WU 8 days ago and received no response.  My station does not have a password as part of the upload process so changing a PW to the ID key isn't an option for me. VERY FRUSTRATING..
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 08:51:17 AM by lloydnsher »

Offline bmccarl

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2022, 02:12:03 PM »
HJas anyone had any kind of response from WU about this problem?  It's been a week since I sent my request for tech assistance and have had no reply.  That's no way to run a railroad! 

Offline Frannor

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2022, 10:45:02 AM »
Hi All.
I have all of the above problems my Bresser station is still offline i deleted id and key and tried to set up everything as if it was a new station and no susess so far. Anything I can try to solve this porblem would be a great help.
Thank everybody.

Offline jwreynoldson

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2022, 07:53:51 PM »
This may or may not be relevant:
On Oct 5th at about 7:30am AEDST (UTC: 4th Oct, 8:30pm) my station went down, hard.

I traced the problem to a change in the server addresses resolved by DNS for weatherstation.wunderground.com

If your station uses any hard coded IP addresses to report, or if your DNS server is still resolving to the wrong IP address to report to, it will be offline.

Options:
1. wait to see if the DNS issue resolves as changes propagate.
2. Check with station supplier to assure hard coded IP addresses are not used. (If so may need a firmware update)

I had swapped to a hard coded address a couple of years ago on my home-coded station due to a DNS bug I couldn't fix, and it came back to bite me.  Fortunately the bug seems to have miraculously resolved, so I am switching back to DNS IP resolution (when I can get up the pole!)

John R.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 08:00:21 PM by jwreynoldson »

anything