Author Topic: Summary Icon - Saratoga Template w/ Weather Display  (Read 599 times)

Offline K6GKM

• CamWX.com
  • Contributor
    • CamWX
Summary Icon - Saratoga Template w/ Weather Display
« on: January 27, 2021, 04:25:59 PM »
Hi all,

This is an issue that's been nagging me for a while, and I think the problem lies more with Weather Display than the PHP code... 

On my site, CamWX.com, My current conditions summary icon rarely matches the text descriptor next to it.  The text could say "Clear" next to a partly cloudy icon, or "Overcast" next to a clear sky icon.

For example, currently my dashboard shows "Overcast" next to a partly cloudy icon: 

The text always matches the METAR report that WD is configured to use.  The faulty icon doesn't seem to be linked to the icon Weather Display is showing on the GUI either.  I've tried multiple combinations of checkboxes in Weather Display's settings.  Anyone dealt with this one before?  I'm stumped.

Thanks.

Nevermind, I'm a dummy.  Found a rogue checkbox on an override option... unticking that seems to have fixed the issue for now.   

Nothing to see here, folks...move along...
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:33:21 PM by K6GKM »
Grant Miles
Camarillo, CA, USA
Owner/Admin - CamWX.com
SKYWARN Spotter
Station Hardware: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24hr FARS
Station Software: Weather Display, Weather Message, FWI Calculator, StartWatch, with social media & messaging automation using Make.com, Twilio, and Brevo.

Offline BrianLehan

• Grace C Lehan Memorial Weather Station
Re: Summary Icon - Saratoga Template w/ Weather Display
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 09:54:32 PM »
 [tup]
Davis Vantage Pro 2 plus
VWS 15x on Windows 7
Sarasota-Weather Template
Gr3 Radar

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 01:43:41 AM »
I may have the same problem.  Where in WD is this rogue checkbox with an override option needing unchecked?  Hopefully, it's still working for you.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline K6GKM

• CamWX.com
  • Contributor
    • CamWX
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 10:17:24 AM »
Where in WD is this rogue checkbox with an override option needing unchecked?

Hi Bunty,

So far so good!  The override was in Control Panel >> Summary Images & Icons >> Icon / VP Forecast / Weather Description Setup Tab.  There's a manual override there where you can select an icon to override the METAR/Current Conditions fro station/etc.  I had that ticked on.

Hope that helps.
Grant Miles
Camarillo, CA, USA
Owner/Admin - CamWX.com
SKYWARN Spotter
Station Hardware: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24hr FARS
Station Software: Weather Display, Weather Message, FWI Calculator, StartWatch, with social media & messaging automation using Make.com, Twilio, and Brevo.