Author Topic: Ecowitt weather alerts - Kinda broken?  (Read 912 times)

Offline Da9L

• Contributor
Ecowitt weather alerts - Kinda broken?
« on: January 04, 2020, 05:36:18 PM »
Hi all !

I'm getting used to the Ecowitt interface and i actually enjoy it. I wanted to make use of their feature to set up alerts by sending emails for when certain conditions are met. E.g. to get a warning when the outside temperature gets below 3 degrees. However, if i set that specific alert up as an example,  i will get spammed every 5 minutes with messages telling me that it is below 3 degrees and still is. That is rather unusable i think. Is there any way of only getting this alert once or do you use other ways of setting up alerts ?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: Ecowitt weather alerts - Kinda broken?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2020, 06:39:04 PM »
I use my Meteobridge to set up alerts.

If you have a GW1000 you can use a Meteobridge (or Ambient WeatherBridge). Using Weather-Display software with the GW1000 will also work.

Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline krojan

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 03:09:49 AM »
At Ecowitt.net you can choose "Alerts Interval".
If you set 24 hours you will receive an alert once a day.
Sorry for my English.
GW1000, HP2551-C, HP3001, HP1001.

Offline Da9L

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 06:33:28 AM »

If you have a GW1000 you can use a Meteobridge (or Ambient WeatherBridge). Using Weather-Display software with the GW1000 will also work.

There is no way of running a meteobridge on existing hardware is there ? I have a webserver running 24/7, so instead of having to buy more hardware i might as well just let it run on that.

At Ecowitt.net you can choose "Alerts Interval".
If you set 24 hours you will receive an alert once a day.

This will be a good solution until further i think :)

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2020, 10:26:31 AM »

There is no way of running a meteobridge on existing hardware is there ? I have a webserver running 24/7, so instead of having to buy more hardware i might as well just let it run on that.
The Meteobridge requires use of compatible consoles/loggers. If you don't have a compatible console then add it to your existing hardware. The GW1000 is very reasonably priced. The GW1000 can work alongside your current display console, or it can be your only console sans-display. The GW1000 just happens to be the only Fine Offset console that has a local network API that is required for the Meteobridge to work, because new display console either don't have USB data capability or they aren't supported (like the WH2320E which has USB data but is incompatible). But if you have an older Fine Offset station and console like a WS-1080 then it works via USB. Meteobridge has evolved to support the new network API. So if you want a Meteobridge then add the GW1000... its that simple as the GW1000 supports all the current sensors.

There is much to gain from a Meteobridge: small device with low energy cost, easy web GUI, reliable, powerful fully featured, no system to maintain as it has automatic software updates, great support from developer and community, always getting new features added and support for new web services.....etc.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

anything