Author Topic: Aculink Mobile Apps Not Connecting to Server  (Read 4040 times)

Offline Wrog

Aculink Mobile Apps Not Connecting to Server
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:15:54 AM »
As you can see from the thread title, I've been having issues with my Aculink app the past week.  Never able to connect to the server to download the latest information.  I thought this might been an issue with the app and the new iOS 8 release so I was just waiting for an update but then my dad texted today and asked my he can't get anything on his Android app.  Is anyone else having this issue, as well?  I tried to find another thread but didn't see one.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Aculink Mobile Apps Not Connecting to Server
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 12:45:30 PM »
Just connected on my Samsung running Android.  Works fine.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2014, 08:01:11 PM »
I haven't noticed any problems.

From what I can tell, it's been a year since it's been updated, but it seems to be running fine on my new iPhone 6+.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 05:37:47 AM »
Running fine for me as well this morning, on iPhone 6+, 5s, and 5.

I had to uninstall and re-install a few apps after the upgrade to iOS8 to get them working again.  It might be worth a shot to see if it fixes MBW in your case.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Wrog

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:31:04 AM »
I'm using a 6+ as well but it started before I switched from my 5s.  It's pretty frustrating especially when I can't tell my dad what he needs to do to fix it.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app (multiple times), logged off and logged back on using my and my dad's accounts, rebooted the phone, tried on my Android tablet.  There have been a couple times that it has displayed the current readings after I've tried one of these but then it just starts returning the error the next time I go back to it.  I know that it's connecting to the accounts because in the system settings it is displaying the sensors' names.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:54:13 AM by Wrog »

Offline Wrog

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 10:06:47 AM »
This is not an issue related to the app issue, just another thing that I ran into today.  This morning I went to remove a sensor on my dad's MBW site and I get this error when I click on Manage Sensors:

We apologize for the interruption of service that you are currently experiencing. Our team is working to resolve this as quickly as possible, and will have your Backyard Weather from Acu-Rite available shortly. Thank you for your patience!

I am able to work with them on my account but not his.  :?:  I see the weather information but I can't remove the sensor that isn't working.

Offline Wrog

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 10:45:01 AM »
I think I isolated the problem, at least on my side.  I removed my dad's bridge from my account as a shared bridge and now I'm having no issue getting the app to work on my phone.
I then removed the bridge from his account and tried to re-add it but it says the bridge isn't available.  I told him to unplug for a while and then I'll try to re-add it again.  I hope this works.

Offline Wrog

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 01:28:47 PM »
Okay, I got everything fixed, there must have been an issue with my dad's bridge.  It took a little while because the site wasn't allowing me to get in to remove it  ](*,) but after many attempts I finally got it removed from his MBW.  After that the site worked fine, it seemed that it was locking up the site (I know, that doesn't make any sense).  Anyway, after I removed it I told him to power cycle the bridge but that didn't work either so I had him power cycle it and then push Register when it came back on.  After that I was able to re-add it to his account and share it to my account.  Now we are both able to view the current conditions in our phone apps.  Crisis resolved.   \:D/