Author Topic: What is "Outdoor #5"?  (Read 3538 times)

Offline joegr

Re: What is "Outdoor #5"?
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2014, 10:31:09 AM »
I solved my unreliable reception by taking the bridge apart, unsoldering the built-in antenna wire and soldering a 14" straight wire in it's place.  I routed the wire out of the bridge through one of the vent holes.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 09:08:10 PM »
I've no idea how this might to relate to the labels metobridge assigns, but it might explain where some data is coming from.

MeteoBridge properly categorizes the bridge's barometer, temperature, and humidity (aka: thb0) as indoor readings.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2014, 09:39:19 PM »
I've no idea how this might to relate to the labels metobridge assigns, but it might explain where some data is coming from.

MeteoBridge properly categorizes the bridge's barometer, temperature, and humidity (aka: thb0) as indoor readings.....

Seems reasonable, but if you're going to go through the effort of extracting a temperature from the barometer sensor data, why not peg humidity to something more logical (like NA, null, or even "0")?  "30" seems kind of random.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2014, 09:13:35 AM »
Since humidity is used in the barometer measurement correction AFAIK, going with 30% is probably a safe bet for a typical home-grade accuracy.

Here is what MB is currently reading from my bridge:

90.9°F / 30% / 30.28inHg (29.81inHg)

Yes, the 90.9 F temperature is plausible according to my non-contact IR pyrometer.  At that temperature, it could be that the internal humidity sensor is under-range and reporting 30% as its floor value.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2014, 09:54:58 AM »
Since humidity is used in the barometer measurement correction AFAIK, going with 30% is probably a safe bet for a typical home-grade accuracy.

Humidity isn't involved.  The sensor is measuring physical pressure compared to vacuum.  It only needs to know its operating temperature in order to make the appropriate compensation in the electronics.  All the gory details are outlined in the data sheet for the sensor. 

While humidity is a factor in the mass of the air-column above the sensor, the sensor itself doesn't care about the composition of that column...it just cares about the physical pressure against it. 

anything