Author Topic: Atlas Display, how do I display the dew point?  (Read 708 times)

Offline A1cntrler

Atlas Display, how do I display the dew point?
« on: December 13, 2019, 11:19:09 AM »
It has been a while since I've posted.  Been busy with a cross-country move and have been getting settled in. 

I was in the Atlas Beta program and have been running the Atlas for quite some time now.  In Southern CA I never really cared much about the dew point, but now being on the east coast in VA I tend to look for it more often.  I have three Atlas displays throughout my house and all three of them seem to display whatever they want whenever and I've not found a setting to lock it into showing what I want.  I'd much rather see the dew point displayed, but often 2 out of my three displays will show Wind Chill instead.  Later if I look again they'll be showing Dew Point.  What is the situation that forces it to show wind chill over Dew Point?  Is it a combination of temperature below a certain reading and wind over a certain value?  Often the wind is calm, yet I'm still shown wind chill.     
Ambient WS-5000 (KVACHEST93)

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Atlas Display, how do I display the dew point?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 11:57:51 AM »
If I remember correctly, wind chill is displayed when the temp drops to 40F.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 12:37:44 PM »
...and above 80°F you can only see Feels Like.

Therefore you can only see Dew Point if temp is between 40°F and 80°F.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline A1cntrler

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 12:59:40 PM »

Sigh....   

This coupled with the inability to show the daily rainfall (resetting at midnight) and showing "past 24, 48,72 etc" is another nail in the coffin.  Despite having had several 5-in-1's, multiple displays for those and switching to Atlas exclusively (was using meteobridge with my 5-in-1's) when smarthub went kaput, I doubt I'll be adding anything more to my Acurite systems.  Once it breaks, it's gone and I'll start fresh with something else. 

It'd just be nice to be able to display what I'd want to see, not what Acurite thinks I'd like to see...
Ambient WS-5000 (KVACHEST93)

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 01:05:28 PM »

Sigh....   

This coupled with the inability to show the daily rainfall (resetting at midnight) and showing "past 24, 48,72 etc" is another nail in the coffin.  Despite having had several 5-in-1's, multiple displays for those and switching to Atlas exclusively (was using meteobridge with my 5-in-1's) when smarthub went kaput, I doubt I'll be adding anything more to my Acurite systems.  Once it breaks, it's gone and I'll start fresh with something else. 

It'd just be nice to be able to display what I'd want to see, not what Acurite thinks I'd like to see...

It would be really silly to start all over just because you can't see something exactly the way you want on the display.

That's why Acurite has so many displays for the 5n1.  Different people want to see different things.  They have displays using 3 different rainfall methods that appeal to different type of users.

Remember, the display is just a display.  It has zero affect on what the Atlas does.

Just wait for new displays to come out like they did for the 5n1.  Or build your own display to your specifications using a tablet.

Offline rdelp68

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 02:34:02 PM »

Sigh....   

It would be really silly to start all over just because you can't see something exactly the way you want on the display.

That's why Acurite has so many displays for the 5n1.  Different people want to see different things.  They have displays using 3 different rainfall methods that appeal to different type of users.

Remember, the display is just a display.  It has zero affect on what the Atlas does.

Just wait for new displays to come out like they did for the 5n1.  Or build your own display to your specifications using a tablet.

Yep I been in contact with acurite about these issues, they don't want to fix anything. They think it isn't broke.. Well guess what? we are the ones using it, I would think we know what we want. I just don't want people to spend the money they ask for, for this product that just doesn't do what it needs too.