Author Topic: RM Young Anemometer Adapter  (Read 4829 times)

Offline doubleohwhatever

• Senior Contributor
Re: RM Young Anemometer Adapter
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2022, 04:56:48 PM »
As John explained, it's 100% doable. The feather board we used contains an Arm Cortex M0 and the Pi Pico contains an Arm Cortex-M0+. Both can run micro python and both can be used with the Arduino IDE.

That said, I'm not aware of anyone using a Pico to interface a 3rd party anemometer with a Davis ISS.

We've actually retired this project. We have two coastal stations that we'll continue to use our adapter on for now. The rest of our stations we've switched to the stock Davis anemometer. We did the math and discovered it's cheaper to just use the Davis anemometer in the long run. We plan on replacing speed cartridges yearly and the entire anemometer every 3-4 years.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2022, 08:19:01 AM »
I haven't read this thread in awhile and scanning it in response to the author answering another thread, I can only imagine the enormous amount of work and skill and technical background that went into the iterations of the board and tracking down those pesky errors. 

It isn't just slapping a few things on a bread board and going merrily on the way.

And taking the time to discuss the journey for those of us who know little about the professionalism of doing such things was enlightening.  Thank you     Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php

Offline doubleohwhatever

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2022, 07:02:19 PM »
No worries. Hopefully someone got some useful info out of it.

anything