Author Topic: Acurite Air Quality Monitor Issues  (Read 483 times)

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
Acurite Air Quality Monitor Issues
« on: June 27, 2021, 05:26:32 PM »
I recently received the Acurite Air Quality Monitor. It was fine for a while, then I noticed the temperature and humidity went to lines. The white number for air quality is still fine and works. The temp and humidity appears to be intermittent sometimes where it will go to lines and then comes back on its own, then goes out again. I also know there is a fan to pull in the air and I heard a hum of the fan before, but now I don't. Except, for when I tilt the device with the screen facing the floor, then I hear it until it stops again when it is standing up again in proper position. Honestly, I could care less about the temp and humidity features, but it is annoying when not all features  work correctly and lines are showing. So, not sure what the deal is, but seems like a loose connection of some sort with a connection inside the device.

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
Re: Acurite Air Quality Monitor Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 08:23:00 PM »
Sounds like a bad unit; that sucks! The only thought I had was maybe a power issue like a bad power adapter or loose connection and its not getting enough juice to run everything.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
Re: Acurite Air Quality Monitor Issues
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 08:28:17 PM »
Sounds like a bad unit; that sucks! The only thought I had was maybe a power issue like a bad power adapter or loose connection and its not getting enough juice to run everything.

The weird thing is, is that I thought of blowing through it today just to see what would happen. I did this earlier and ever since, the temp and humidity reappeared on the screen and has remained since. We'll see?

anything