Author Topic: Messed up WD upload using serial data logger  (Read 770 times)

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
Messed up WD upload using serial data logger
« on: June 14, 2021, 11:29:41 AM »
I recently connected my WeatherLink Live to my weather computer and messed up my WD upload to my website using WeatherLink. I am also sure that I deleted my station name and directory in WeatherLink. Now all I see is the WeatherLink Live IP address.

Can anyone tell me how to setup WeatherLink correctly using my Davis data logger that is connected to my Vue console?

Am I correct in thinking that I could then reinstall my WeatherLink Live without messing up WD?

Thank you,
Joe

http://HTTPS://joesweather.info

https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Messed up WD upload using serial data logger
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 11:57:15 AM »

Am I correct in thinking that I could then reinstall my WeatherLink Live without messing up WD?

I didn't think a user can delete a WL.com station and only Davis can, but I think station name changes can be done by user.

I can't comment on WD but I've had a Weatherlink.com account with IPlogger for a few years, and last fall got a WLL and in its setup I added a new weatherlink.com account for the WLL.  Both work independent of each other, but I can access both Bulletins from my one WL.com account.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2021, 05:34:43 PM »

I didn't think a user can delete a WL.com station and only Davis can, but I think station name changes can be done by user.

I can't comment on WD but I've had a Weatherlink.com account with IPlogger for a few years, and last fall got a WLL and in its setup I added a new weatherlink.com account for the WLL.  Both work independent of each other, but I can access both Bulletins from my one WL.com account.

Enjoy,
Paul

What I deleted was the weather site setup I created in the WeatherLink software that is needed for WD to connect to the serial data logger comport setup.
So, I guess I need the basic installation instructions to setup the WeatherLink software for use with WD.
Joe
WeatherLink Live

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2021, 06:05:14 PM »
all you need to set up in WD is the correct IP address to your WLL device
and tick enable
there is a auto detect that should work if the WLL is connected on the same LAN (direct cable connection is best)
then the crondaviswll.exe should run..what shows in that program?

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 08:30:08 PM »
all you need to set up in WD is the correct IP address to your WLL device
and tick enable
there is a auto detect that should work if the WLL is connected on the same LAN (direct cable connection is best)
then the crondaviswll.exe should run..what shows in that program?

I did that. Do I need to fill in the key etc below or leave it blank?

Thank you for your assistance.
WeatherLink Live

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 10:09:35 PM »
the weatherlink api keys are only if you have a pro weatherlink.com account and then its used to get missed history data from the cloud

if you posted on the WD forum you will get more prompt help

in any case if you could post some screen shots that will help
e.g of the weather station type setup in WD and of the running crondaviswll program etc

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2021, 05:16:02 PM »
the weatherlink api keys are only if you have a pro weatherlink.com account and then its used to get missed history data from the cloud

if you posted on the WD forum you will get more prompt help

in any case if you could post some screen shots that will help
e.g of the weather station type setup in WD and of the running crondaviswll program etc

I finally figured out what the issue was. I had two different setups in the weather link software and when the both tried to upload it would cause a password issue with my hosting service provider.

All is good. Thank you for your assistance.
Joe
WeatherLink Live